• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Serious WTF is up with this double speak?

You are very right to question this. Porter County LE is sending mixed messages.

Someone should ask the Sheriff, especially at the next election, what PCSD policy is for circumstances such as this.

Nothing like a political remedy.:D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When one is entrusted with the authority to use against another one should wield that power judiciously. A felony arrest such as in this case was more punitive than judicious, IMO.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Nothing particularly unusual about that. PC can exist for an arrest but the prosecutor decides for political reasons or pragmatic reasons not to pursue the case. I'd guess this instance is a mixture of both.

Remember PC is required for an arrest. Beyond a resonable doubt is required for a conviction. There's a lot of territory between the two.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Nothing particularly unusual about that. PC can exist for an arrest but the prosecutor decides for political reasons or pragmatic reasons not to pursue the case. I'd guess this instance is a mixture of both.

Remember PC is required for an arrest. Beyond a resonable doubt is required for a conviction. There's a lot of territory between the two.

true,
    but it still sounds like a lot of "oh crap, what did he do and how can we get out of this"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I bet it is very frustrating when politics gets in the way of a predator attempting to ruin a citizen's life.

You really think that's what went on here. Not a cop who got angry at someone not pulling over and took it too far? It was a "predator attempting to ruin a citizen's life"?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You really think that's what went on here. Not a cop who got angry at someone not pulling over and took it too far? It was a "predator attempting to ruin a citizen's life"?

A hothead with the power to ruin innocent lives, and face no repercussions. That's a predator to the well-being of Porter County. A free society cannot coexist with an utterly irrational executive branch.

All this because some lady went too fast on a road that cuts through a corn field.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Did you honestly expect anything that didn't perpetuate his image as an anarchist?
    I know...rhetorical question.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    All I'll say is that as I sit here in Porter County, I don't feel oppressed....I know, that's what they want me to think.

This is not surprising. Oppression is historically only felt by a small portion of society. Most people are content to look the other way as long as it isn't affecting them. If the majority were feeling oppressed, there would be danger of revolution. I'm just saying.

The county isn't living under mass oppression, but individuals are liable to be selectively oppressed when the local sheriff allows his department to be populated with irrational enforcers like Patrolman William Marshall.

Did you honestly expect anything that didn't perpetuate his image as an anarchist?
    I know...rhetorical question.

I want no part of anarchy. I'd own it if I wanted it. I don't. I'll take a civil society that upholds liberty and justice. (That does not include throwing felonies at scared women on their way home.)

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    This is not surprising. Oppression is historically only felt by a small portion of society. Most people are content to look the other way as long as it isn't affecting them. If the majority were feeling oppressed, there would be danger of revolution. I'm just saying.

The county isn't living under mass oppression, but individuals are liable to be selectively oppressed when the local sheriff allows his department to be populated with irrational enforcers like Patrolman William Marshall.

I want no part of anarchy. I'd own it if I wanted it. I don't. I'll take a civil society that upholds liberty and justice. (That does not include throwing felonies at scared women on their way home.)

you won't see a revolution till the cable goes out, cell phone towers don't work, Internet goes black. Then it won't be about freedom, it will be for Dancing with the Stars and Facebook.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    you won't see a revolution till the cable goes out, cell phone towers don't work, Internet goes black. Then it won't be about freedom, it will be for Dancing with the Stars and Facebook.

I agree.

I just do not agree with the idea that since I'm personally not being affected by the abuse, everything's A-OK.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All I'll say is that as I sit here in Porter County, I don't feel oppressed....I know, that's what they want me to think.

Pffft, silly peasant. If only you listened to your betters in the Libertarian Party you would know that you are oppressed. Your bet-TERS, Hough.

Libertarian view of your unenlightenment:

3485b0a956e7ba8ccdad85909164681f.jpg

Geezus. OR, it's a bad arrest which was handled correctly by the Prosecuting Attorney.

All humans, Republican, Democrats, Libertarians, will make bad calls. Here the rule of law adverted a suspected injustice.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I agree.

I just do not agree with the idea that since I'm personally not being affected by the abuse, everything's A-OK.

wearing your heart on your sleeve gives you sticky wrists

You can't believe every report of oppression as gospel. I'm not talking about this case alone but many times (Brown, Martin) it's just propaganda and sensationalism.

just because I'm skeptical, doesn't mean I'm blind to oppression

Besides, every cop that's a D}%k is not an indication of national oppression by the JBT

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Geezus. OR, it's a bad arrest which was handled correctly by the Prosecuting Attorney.

All humans, Republican, Democrats, Libertarians, will make bad calls. Here the rule of law adverted a suspected injustice.

Yes, and its a good thing someone averted the attempt to ruin the innocent woman's life. The cop has demonstrated a tragic inability to use sound judgement and cannot be allowed to keep his position.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, and its a good thing someone averted the attempt to ruin the innocent woman's life.

It's why in the real world we have separation of powers, a CLEO that is answerable to the voters and the rule of law, rather than deus ex machina in Libertarian comic books about utopia.

Top Bottom