Indiana Is Dead Last And Apparently Proud Of It...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    They're dying of a number of things. Some are probably the vaccine, given how many negative reactions I've seen, vs the zero reactions I've seen to the flu vaccine. (I've seen swollen arms, sloughed skin, paralyzed hands.) They're also dying of suicide and accidents from months of terrifying propaganda and closure of things they'd use for outlets.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They're dying of a number of things. Some are probably the vaccine, given how many negative reactions I've seen, vs the zero reactions I've seen to the flu vaccine. (I've seen swollen arms, sloughed skin, paralyzed hands.) They're also dying of suicide and accidents from months of terrifying propaganda and closure of things they'd use for outlets.
    The treatment is worse than the disease…

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I’ve been saying since this began we are going to be dealing with the mental affects of this ******** for the next decade. The mental toll on an already weary society is not going to be easy

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And (illegal) drugs. Plenty of overdoses.

armac6

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Actually the treatment is simple, easy and appears to be quite effective at reducing severe disease.
    Which treatment? The poison jabs and endless boosters which are quite effective for increasing the profits of the greedy, bloodsucking pharmaceutical industry/mafia and their criminal co-conspirators?

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    One thing is for sure though a lot are dying of covid

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The positive of doing something totally ineffective and worthless, per decades of science, to make covering one's face and expressions acceptable? And creating a pile of non-recyclable waste in the process?

I'm afraid I'm not following the logic at all.

And no, "Asian countries" don't routinely wear masks. In South Korea and Japan, with high densities, people on mass transit who might actually sneeze and not be able to cover it sometimes wear them. In China, some people wear them against smog, but they don't actually do anything. The other two billion people in Asia pretty much never wear them, nor the other two billion in those nations.

There is science showing cloth masks to be pretty much useless. There is also science to show that surgical masks aren't as useful as people think. However, N95 masks, aka "respirators" do have some efficacy when worn properly AND combined with other protections.

I think masking is somewhat analogous to wearing a bullet resistant vest. It won't stop all the bullets, it certainly won't protect v/s a head shot, and it won't stop projectiles coming from funny angles, but it will protect. The face mask doesn't provide this level of protection but it may be somewhere higher than 0%.

As to "Asian" countries and mask usage:

While you may be right and I may be wrong, the perception of "East Asian Countries" and masks seems pretty universal to me...

I agree that our decisions should be based upon science, facts and logic. However, as gun owners we are horrible at following sciences, data, and logic. Ask any police officer involved in a firefight, "What saved your life, your sidearm or your body armour?" Body armour will come out on top every day of the week and twice on Sundays, but how many gun owners will buy another gun v/s spending the money on wearing good armour? We talk about protecting ourselves from others with guns but we really don't buy and use the one (1) thing that is most likely to do exactly that - a good vest.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I'm a hypocrite on the body armour as well. :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Which treatment? The poison jabs and endless boosters which are quite effective for increasing the profits of the greedy, bloodsucking pharmaceutical industry/mafia and their criminal co-conspirators?

200w.gif

It's a drop in the bucket compared to how much Big Carrot has been making off their eyesight scheme.
    It all started as a lie the Brits spread to throw off the huns.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There is science showing cloth masks to be pretty much useless. There is also science to show that surgical masks aren't as useful as people think. However, N95 masks, aka "respirators" do have some efficacy when worn properly AND combined with other protections.

I think masking is somewhat analogous to wearing a bullet resistant vest. It won't stop all the bullets, it certainly won't protect v/s a head shot, and it won't stop projectiles coming from funny angles, but it will protect. The face mask doesn't provide this level of protection but it may be somewhere higher than 0%.

As to "Asian" countries and mask usage:

While you may be right and I may be wrong, the perception of "East Asian Countries" and masks seems pretty universal to me...

I agree that our decisions should be based upon science, facts and logic. However, as gun owners we are horrible at following sciences, data, and logic. Ask any police officer involved in a firefight, "What saved your life, your sidearm or your body armour?" Body armour will come out on top every day of the week and twice on Sundays, but how many gun owners will buy another gun v/s spending the money on wearing good armour? We talk about protecting ourselves from others with guns but we really don't buy and use the one (1) thing that is most likely to do exactly that - a good vest.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I'm a hypocrite on the body armour as well. :rolleyes:
    DON'T YOU DARE CRITICIZE MY MAGIC TALISMAN, DOUG!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009

I think masking is somewhat analogous to wearing a bullet resistant vest.
    If you wear a poncho instead of plates, it will still offer "some" protection. That's how effective cloth masks are at anything.

The NHS even did a study on surgical procedures with and without masks. Not only was there no increase in post-op infections, there was a decrease because the docs paid better attention to sanitation protocols.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    BTW "The Conversation" (The Lecture, since there's no comments), Puff Ho, and Statista are as valid as sources on infection control as they are on gun control.

Top Bottom