Indiana Is Dead Last And Apparently Proud Of It...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just my frame of mind reading about all the possible upcoming variants. Not meant as a rebuttal or argumentative but after rereading I should have just done a general post and not a quote.
    I claim full responsibility for being dumb, sorry about that!
    Special disclaimer......I am NOT trying to be another JH!
    Thank God.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just a total guess/modestly educated opinion, but I feel like with the transmissibility of Omicron, we are looking at February at the latest for an end to the latest surge.
    Talked to some friends in the local health dept. They are projecting peak O virus infection stats in three-four weeks. This will then be the end of Delta infections. Then O should taper off over the months of Feb-Mar.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Talked to some friends in the local health dept. They are projecting peak O virus infection stats in three-four weeks. This will then be the end of Delta infections. Then O should taper off over the months of Feb-Mar.

Just in time for the midterm campaign season.....Color me shocked!

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The OP link starts with the assumption that masks, social distancing and vaccines make everyone safer. There is science and evidence that the vaccine helps. But it ignores all the science and studies that show the ineffectiveness of masks and social distancing.

For nearly 2 years I’ve seen the majority of the world ignore physics. I wear glasses and when I wear any cloth or medical mask my glasses fog on the INSIDE of my lenses. This means no matter how well I try to fit the mask, large amounts of my breath is being pushed through the small gaps around my mask. With the exception of poorly made cloth masks, I can not fog a small mirror placed in front of the mask. This means the most of my breath is not going through the mask. But it reduces the supposed 6 ft reach of breathing and that’s a good thing right? Not necessarily, it creates concentrated pockets of your breath that take longer to dissipate. Imagine your at a Walmart waiting in check out. Everyone is wearing a mask and spaced 6 ft apart. Every time you move up in line you are now standing in the concentrated pocket of breath from the person that was standing in that spot before you. I have come to the belief that the CDC continues to recommend masks despite study after study showing their ineffectiveness, because it gives the public a way to feel that they are helping and “do my part”. The mask has become a security blanket for many people.
    I made a mask out of 1/4” blueberry bush netting. Cured the fogging of the glasses Issue!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    And this is on us. All of it.
    Well maybe not all of us, just those that refuse to, try to make a change, I met with my Senator 10 times in 2021, and actively communicated with my other representatives. Although I think one was taken aback, when I suggested that she should provide updates on changes she has effected, legislation she has put forth that made a difference versus patting herself on the back so hard that she keeps throwing her shoulder out.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    More nonsense

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0