Indiana House Bill 1308 Increases the maximum speed limit, from 70 to 75 miles per hour

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Wait! What?
    You mean there isn't a 1 in front of the 70?
    Up until now I thought there was something wrong with my truck!
    Thanks for helping avoid another mechanics bill saying there's nothing wrong with my truck!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Another way to help thin out the population or for lawyers to make more money? In a wreck, call Ken? Only the hammer knows for sure.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I would still rather they get nothing, nothing personal
    The whole system bothered me. It seems like a giant 8th amendment violation. The fines and fees affect disproportionate parts of the population and 1 ticket can mean the difference between food/medicine and a suspended license for a poor person. I hated it.

But never once did anyone in any part of the system express or imply that I needed to write tickets to generate revenue. At the end of the day...gas, labor, maintenance, and until recently the cost of the tickets themselves, I'm sure we lost money writing tickets., so the revenue angle in Indiana is mostly BS.

Some guys write everyone. Don't get it but its their prerogative. I do know that a lot of tickets and arrests today were previously verbal warnings years ago. With the body cameras and "accountability", some guys think its not worth the risk to give warnings. Probably right. I know if I wrote someone, they earned it.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The whole system bothered me. It seems like a giant 8th amendment violation. The fines and fees affect disproportionate parts of the population and 1 ticket can mean the difference between food/medicine and a suspended license for a poor person. I hated it.

But never once did anyone in any part of the system express or imply that I needed to write tickets to generate revenue. At the end of the day...gas, labor, maintenance, and until recently the cost of the tickets themselves, I'm sure we lost money writing tickets., so the revenue angle in Indiana is mostly BS.

Some guys write everyone. Don't get it but its their prerogative. I do know that a lot of tickets and arrests today were previously verbal warnings years ago. With the body cameras and "accountability", some guys think its not worth the risk to give warnings. Probably right. I know if I wrote someone, they earned it.
    Yeah, that was probably me....

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

I’m more concerned about the revenue stream created when officers uphold the law by arresting murderers and rapeist?

Top Bottom