Indiana Firearms Law Reference Manual, Third Edition Now Available!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just received this email, as I'm sure many others have. I didn't really know where to put this so mods, please place in the appropriate section.

[FONT=&quot]Bryan Lee Ciyou[/FONT] has finally finished his third edition of the highly coveted Indiana Firearms Law manual. This has been highly anticipated by many of us and I would like to pass this letter on to those who didn't sign up for information or haven't read the first two editions.

[FONT=&quot]An Open Letter to My Friends and Fellow Readers:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] For many years, I wondered about gun laws, questioning: What are these laws? How can they be located? Is this or that legal? In 2002-03, I had novel idea: I would answer my questions and assemble a single reference source along the way to address carrying a handgun in Indiana. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Growing up in rural Indiana where guns were commonplace, I acquired the operational understanding to do so. This, considering my formal education as a lawyer, skill in legal research, and extensive practice experience, seemed like a straight-forward legal task.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] In fact, all I really wanted to accomplish was to be able to authoritatively sift through and sort out fact from fiction, law versus urban legend. As it turns out, “assembling” any book, particularly a technical legal manual, is not so simple; this (which is now lovingly referred by my friends, family, and office-mates as “the book”) has become a never-ending project. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Nearly a decade and thousands of hours later, even with my two (2) books on the legal aspects of firearms, I still have more questions than answers. Fortunately, along the way, many of you joined in and supported my (our) journey, from sharing your stories and information, to purchasing the “Blue” and “Red” books. So I continued and soldiered on. . . . [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Inasmuch, I am pleased to announce to you Indiana Firearms Law Reference Manual, Third Edition (October, 2010) is now in print and available.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] This edition expands upon the platform of the prior works, and is completely re-written to present a more complete synthesis of the subject. In addition, it now includes local ordinances on point, long guns, and a number of new topics, along with definitions of key state and federal terms; additionally, complete penal firearms’ codes are appended to the manual.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] The manual’s website has been significantly updated and is now able to accept on-line orders: indianafirearmslaw.com. It is also available on Amazon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] We will be attending the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show this weekend (October 22, 23 and 24) at the Indianapolis Fairgrounds and you may purchase a signed copy there. We look forward to seeing you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Very truly yours,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Bryan Lee Ciyou, Esquire[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Regards,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Julie VanWinkle-Ciyou[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]320 North Meridian Street, Suite 600[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Indianapolis, Indiana 46204[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]C: 317.753.3393[/FONT]