• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If this passes I will have no idea what to do with the pink card in my wallet. I remember how happy I was to get that thing in the mail and finally start carrying. I can't imagine how crazy the crooked politicians in Marion county will react if this law is enacted.

Keep it. Use it when you cross state lines where they have reciprocity with Indiana.

Right. It's still worth it, if you carry out of state or wish to (in states that recognize our LTCH, that is).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If this passes I will have no idea what to do with the pink card in my wallet.

Roadtrip to Ohio?

I can't imagine how crazy the crooked politicians in Marion county will react if this law is enacted

I, for one, could care less. I don't want Indianapolis running this state anymore than I want Chicago running Illinois.

Ridding ourselves of the LTCH is another blow to Marion County's would-be monopoly on power in Indiana.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Roadtrip to Ohio?

I, for one, could care less. I don't want Indianapolis running this state anymore than I want Chicago running Illinois.

Ridding ourselves of the LTCH is another blow to Marion County's would-be monopoly on power in Indiana.

Since you do care, at least a little, how much room do you have to care less? :stickpoke:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In other news, I received this from Hoosier Carry. Looks like they are going the "you're killing me Smaltz" route.

KellyinAvon,

​Last week I told you that Constitutional Carry was introduced in Indiana by State Representative Jim Lucas.

Now, I'm asking you to reach out to Representative Ben Smaltz, chairman of the House Public Policy committee and URGE him to schedule HB 1159 for a hearing and a vote.

As Public Policy chairman Ben Smaltz is now the gatekeeper for virtually all gun rights related bills in the Indiana House.

If he decides not to hear HB 1159 he will single-handedly block any chance we have of passing Constitutional Carry in Indiana.

Contact Representative Ben Smaltz and urge him to schedule a hearing and a vote for Constitutional Carry as soon as possible.

Representative Ben Smaltz
    317-232-9620
    h52@iga.in.gov

In Liberty,

Michael Thomas

P.S. Click Here to email Representative Ben Smaltz and URGE him to schedule a hearing for Indiana's Constitutional Carry Bill (HB 1159) as soon as possible.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    In other news, I received this from Hoosier Carry. Looks like they are going the "you're killing me Smaltz" route.

KellyinAvon,

​Last week I told you that Constitutional Carry was introduced in Indiana by State Representative Jim Lucas.

Now, I'm asking you to reach out to Representative Ben Smaltz, chairman of the House Public Policy committee and URGE him to schedule HB 1159 for a hearing and a vote.

As Public Policy chairman Ben Smaltz is now the gatekeeper for virtually all gun rights related bills in the Indiana House.

If he decides not to hear HB 1159 he will single-handedly block any chance we have of passing Constitutional Carry in Indiana.

Contact Representative Ben Smaltz and urge him to schedule a hearing and a vote for Constitutional Carry as soon as possible.

Representative Ben Smaltz
    317-232-9620
    h52@iga.in.gov

In Liberty,

Michael Thomas

P.S. Click Here to email Representative Ben Smaltz and URGE him to schedule a hearing for Indiana's Constitutional Carry Bill (HB 1159) as soon as possible.

I got that too and immediately picked up the phone and called Chairman Smaltz' office. I spent several minutes on the phone with his staffer making the case for Conditional Carry and urged him to see the Bill is heard and voted on. I had a good feeling about the conversation afterward (not that this means much).

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I got that too and immediately picked up the phone and called Chairman Smaltz' office. I spent several minutes on the phone with his staffer making the case for Conditional Carry and urged him to see the Bill is heard and voted on. I had a good feeling about the conversation afterward (not that this means much).
    I will be calling that number tomorrow. Who's with me??!!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I got the email also this afternoon. Did send the email but was to late to call when i got home tonight. Will be making that call on my lunch hour tomorrow for sure

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana

Does anyone know what his stance is on gun rights?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    If I am remembering things correctly, it was blocked from even coming up for a vote in the committee that decides such things. So, it never even made it to the floor for a full vote.

Good. Let's discuss the complete failure of this thing:

So, you won't need a license in IN. Great. However, if you ever decide for some reason or other to leave IN, you won't be able to carry in 22 of the 30 other states we can currently carry in, because you won't have a license.

Even if they come up with a license for out of state, the states that require a resident license won't accept it.

If there isn't an out of state license, anyone who wants to carry in the rest of the world will have to spend more money for a shorter license and more money for training for some other state's out of state license, that still won't be valid in a lot of states.

Gun Free School Zone Act applies because you don't have a license from your state.

Call me when a viable bill is in place and I'll support it. I just contacted the relevant reps and told them to oppose this garbage.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, so let's see if I have this right: It's not a perfect bill, so rather than contact Mr. Lucas and make some suggestions of how to make it better, you'd rather scuttle it again. We might as well have Pat Bauer back in the Speaker's seat again, with that attitude.

There is an amendment process that the legislators can use while the bill is still being debated, prior to final passage and sending it to the governor for a signature. They can change it in committee or even on the floor of either chamber. Pretty simple stuff, too.

Also, the Reciprocity license, issued by Indiana, is still available, so the GFSZ Act is still blocked, if you choose to get one, and as a resident license, it would still be honored.

Just because someone shows you a silver lining does not mean you need to start looking for the dark cloud surrounding it.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

So, you won't need a license in IN. Great. However, if you ever decide for some reason or other to leave IN, you won't be able to carry in 22 of the 30 other states we can currently carry in, because you won't have a license.

Even if they come up with a license for out of state, the states that require a resident license won't accept it.

If there isn't an out of state license, anyone who wants to carry in the rest of the world will have to spend more money for a shorter license and more money for training for some other state's out of state license, that still won't be valid in a lot of states.

Gun Free School Zone Act applies because you don't have a license from your state.

Call me when a viable bill is in place and I'll support it. I just contacted the relevant reps and told them to oppose this garbage.

The invalid card will not be valid in any state. That's what the rational people keep trying to tell you. Yay, us, no license need in Indiana. Boo us, 34 states will no longer let us carry.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The invalid card will not be valid in any state. That's what the rational people keep trying to tell you. Yay, us, no license need in Indiana. Boo us, 34 states will no longer let us carry.

Help me out here. What do you know that I don't?

As I understand, from what I've seen Jim Lucas write on FB, the existing LTCHs will remain valid. Future ones will be issued as "Reciprocity Licenses" or something like that. Are you asserting that my existing LTCH, in my pocket, will no longer be valid? If so, I would appreciate knowing where in the proposed bill that happens. (Sincerely).

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

2v1vhjn.jpg

As has been mentioned before (many, many times in this thread and elsewhere) there is a provision to keep the LTCH in place. The only thing that will change is that it will no longer be a crime to carry in Indiana without it.

If you have VERIFIABLE information to the contrary please post it. If you think other states will change their position based on something that doesn't effect then then I'd like to see that as well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

The licensing provision is not disappearing. You can get a license, but will not need to get a license.

Carrying a handgun is being decriminalized.

Top Bottom