• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dropping in to say I tried this on suggestion. Good stuff.

As Chip said, there aren't that many really good decaf coffees. Peet's, is the best I've tried. Not much difference between the Major Dickson's blend and the house blend decalfs. Both are dark roast blends. Major Dickson's blend is a bit smoother.

Glad you liked it! Peet's makes some excellent coffee.

Brings up a question. Why are all the good coffee companies progressive nutbags? You won't find a conservative state. California, Oregon, California, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington, Virginia, and Washington D.C. If you ever find yourself in a peet's coffee shop, it's even better brewed by them. But I dare you to wear your "Make America Great Again" hat. They might shut the place down and run to their safe spaces.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I finally got a reply!! I liked the "Similar legislation was introduced during the 2016 legislative session but failed to make it out of committee." I know that, this is why I keep e-mailing.

Dear KellyinAvon,

Thank you for contacting Speaker Bosma and expressing your opinion regarding proposed legislation which would repeal the law that requires a license to carry handgun in Indiana. Speaker Bosma appreciates you sharing your thoughts on this legislation and has requested that I respond to you on his behalf. Similar legislation was introduced during the 2016 legislative session but failed to make it out of committee. This topic undoubtedly stimulates a thought-provoking policy issue for future General Assemblies. Constituents voicing their opinions on issues and making suggestions to legislators, as you have done, is a vital part of the legislative process.

The Speaker supports the Second Amendment for many reasons, most importantly maintaining Hoosiers’ freedoms and ability to protect themselves and their loved ones. It is essential that responsible, law-abiding citizens have the right to bear arms legally in our state, a right that is guaranteed by the United States Constitution. The decision on whether to support a repeal of the handgun license or not is one that should be made after much thought, research, and deliberation has taken place. Moving forward, should the Indiana General Assembly address this policy issue, the Speaker will keep your support in mind.
    Once again, thank you for voicing your opinion. Please feel free to contact Speaker Bosma with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have in the future. Constituent contact is essential to the legislative process, and Speaker Bosma truly appreciates the citizens of Indiana taking the time to share their thoughts about the issues concerning our state.

Sincerely,

Chris Kulik
    Legislative Assistant to
    Speaker Brian Bosma
    200 W. Washington Street, Room 401-1
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    1-317-232-9677

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They must all use the same form letter template. :laugh: :rolleyes: Is this a class political science majors have to take or something?

I finally got a reply!! I liked the "Similar legislation was introduced during the 2016 legislative session but failed to make it out of committee." I know that, this is why I keep e-mailing.

Dear KellyinAvon,

Thank you for contacting Speaker Bosma and expressing your opinion regarding proposed legislation which would repeal the law that requires a license to carry handgun in Indiana. Speaker Bosma appreciates you sharing your thoughts on this legislation and has requested that I respond to you on his behalf. Similar legislation was introduced during the 2016 legislative session but failed to make it out of committee. This topic undoubtedly stimulates a thought-provoking policy issue for future General Assemblies. Constituents voicing their opinions on issues and making suggestions to legislators, as you have done, is a vital part of the legislative process.

The Speaker supports the Second Amendment for many reasons, most importantly maintaining Hoosiers’ freedoms and ability to protect themselves and their loved ones. It is essential that responsible, law-abiding citizens have the right to bear arms legally in our state, a right that is guaranteed by the United States Constitution. The decision on whether to support a repeal of the handgun license or not is one that should be made after much thought, research, and deliberation has taken place. Moving forward, should the Indiana General Assembly address this policy issue, the Speaker will keep your support in mind.
    Once again, thank you for voicing your opinion. Please feel free to contact Speaker Bosma with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have in the future. Constituent contact is essential to the legislative process, and Speaker Bosma truly appreciates the citizens of Indiana taking the time to share their thoughts about the issues concerning our state.

Sincerely,

Chris Kulik
    Legislative Assistant to
    Speaker Brian Bosma
    200 W. Washington Street, Room 401-1
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    1-317-232-9677

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    "Dear Speaker Bosma:

Please be aware that I am writing in support of HB______ (Constitutional carry). It is vital that this bill receive a hearing and vote in committee and the whole House. Thank you for your support of the Constitution and we have supported your party's supermajority status.

Ian Goyer"

Call, write, e-mail, rinse and repeat.

Post cards are excellent. It puts something physical on their desks and can be done in a matter of minutes.

Spread the word. Organize your own "cell". Call buddies, at bunch, at coffee, at beers, after services, what-have-you, get together and write it up and send it.

Can't seem to get on his site - do you have his e-mail?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here are e-mails:

Brian Bosma | State of Indiana House of Representatives

h88@in.gov

E-mail all you want. You want a letter, post card, something physical that cannot be ignored or deleted.

Hon. Brian Bosma
    Speaker of the House
    Indiana General Assembly
    200 West Washington Street
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46204

Next month we start callling. Write him. Make him feel the heat so he sees the light.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Here are e-mails:

Brian Bosma | State of Indiana House of Representatives

h88@in.gov

E-mail all you want. You want a letter, post card, something physical that cannot be ignored or deleted.

Hon. Brian Bosma
    Speaker of the House
    Indiana General Assembly
    200 West Washington Street
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46204

Next month we start callling. Write him. Make him feel the heat so he sees the light.

Kirk, maybe you feel close enough to do so, but I am NOT calling Brian Bosma, "hon"!!

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Session starts on January the 4th. Has anyone considered organizing a rally inside the Statehouse as a show of support for our gun rights and the upcoming legislation? Big groups with signs gets a lot of attention ....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who, of our people, has talked to Bosma about this?

...Brings up a question. Why are all the good coffee companies progressive nutbags? You won't find a conservative state. California, Oregon, California, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington, Virginia, and Washington D.C. If you ever find yourself in a peet's coffee shop, it's even better brewed by them. But I dare you to wear your "Make America Great Again" hat. They might shut the place down and run to their safe spaces.
    Yankee Prepper - Yankee's Store

Last edited:

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    so the only people this would help are those who do not have a carry permit already ? And I am assuming everybody on here already has one ? I fail to see why all the excitement .

Because our rights are being infringed upon by requiring us to have a permit/license, even if we do indeed have one. Constitutional carry would also kill the debate about if police officers should be able to stop an otherwise completely law abiding citizen just because they are carrying a gun, which is illegal without a license at this time. It would also do away with the very real possibility that you could go to jail if you forget your LTCH at home. The burden of proof is on you, and an anti cop could refuse to look your license up, in theory.

Further, it would allow people to carry who can't afford to go through the licensing process. Yes, $50-$120 is for many, too much to spare in hard times.

As a lifetime LTCH holder, I would be more than excited to hear that I no longer need it. Let's get this done Indiana!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Because our rights are being infringed upon by requiring us to have a permit/license, even if we do indeed have one. Constitutional carry would also kill the debate about if police officers should be able to stop an otherwise completely law abiding citizen just because they are carrying a gun, which is illegal without a license at this time. It would also do away with the very real possibility that you could go to jail if you forget your LTCH at home. The burden of proof is on you, and an anti cop could refuse to look your license up, in theory.

Further, it would allow people to carry who can't afford to go through the licensing process. Yes, $50-$120 is for many, too much to spare in hard times.

As a lifetime LTCH holder, I would be more than excited to hear that I no longer need it. Let's get this done Indiana!

+1.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    so the only people this would help are those who do not have a carry permit already ? And I am assuming everybody on here already has one ? I fail to see why all the excitement .

Because it is the right thing to do. The permit process places undue burden on the poor and those who need the ability to defend themselves now.

Top Bottom