• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Kayaked the Yellow river within the Plymouth city limits last weekend. On the bridge structure under Randolph street was graffiti displaying the sickle and hammer in multiple areas, along with the statement, “Welcome to hell”. I have been following the articles regarding the sort of people and organizations that use these symbols. But it has hit closer to home after seeing that in my town.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kayaked the Yellow river within the Plymouth city limits last weekend. On the bridge structure under Randolph street was graffiti displaying the sickle and hammer in multiple areas, along with the statement, “Welcome to hell”. I have been following the articles regarding the sort of people and organizations that use these symbols. But it has hit closer to home after seeing that in my town.

The youth in the area has not a lot better to do apparently.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont get too freaked out. Many of the taggers are stupid kids that dont understand the imagery, and are usually in it for the shock value.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Not freaked out. Cautiously aware. My community has gone through transitions like everyone else’s has. This is more timely though.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    The City of Alexandria cured that by putting in a skateboard park a few years ago. Now all the tagging happens there. :rockwoot:

If I recall, Plymouth has a skate park already as a part of the Centennial Park...where they hold Blueberry Festival. Probably just more idle time on their hands.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Well,under the aforementioned overpass there was also graffiti depicting certain male anatomy. If that was the extent of it,I could dismiss it as idle minds at work. The sickle and hammer points toward something deeper. More like a statement stating,”We’re here and we want you to know it”. My hope is,with time,they will give it up as passing fad.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    To most of the ill-guided youth it is merely a symbol of popular culture. The "in" thing. On par with the super cool(implied purple) Che shirts everyone had on in the early 2000's. They just want to look cool for their Instagram followers.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Down here TRUMP banners and flags are everywhere I have even witnessed a scarecrow painted orange with a sign “vote Trump if you want our country to last four more years”.

Top Bottom