Uranus

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. I was wondering if I ever click on a newsmax link if my phone would get cooties. So far so good, but I did use a lens wipe on the screen after.

Anyway,
    “The censure in the latest example of fissures within the Republican Party between members who’ve split with the former president and those who continue to defend him.”

I think the fissures within the Republican Party extend beyond just the people who defend Trump. I don’t think a private citizen can be impeached and the more I look into it the less I think the constitution allows it. A vote for impeachment is an indicator that rule of law doesn’t matter as much as the rule of a few oligarchs, regardless of what one thinks about Trump.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well. I was wondering if I ever click on a newsmax link if my phone would get cooties. So far so good, but I did use a lens wipe on the screen after.

Anyway,
    “The censure in the latest example of fissures within the Republican Party between members who’ve split with the former president and those who continue to defend him.”

I think the fissures within the Republican Party extend beyond just the people who defend Trump. I don’t think a private citizen can be impeached and the more I look into it the less I think the constitution allows it. A vote for impeachment is an indicator that rule of law doesn’t matter as much as the rule of a few oligarchs, regardless of what one thinks about Trump.

They are in crazy town. What's to stop an impeachment of the My Pillow guy?
    He may run for office some day someday so they need to get it done.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Anyway,

A plain reading of the Constitution makes it plain the impeachment of a former executive is not constitutuional. That said, when have "progressives" ever given a rat's ass about constitutional limits?

"Progressives" are pure scum.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What a waste of our tax $ . Trump is a private citizen, you can’t impeach him. Geezzz
    This is exactly why CJ John Roberts is not presiding over the Senate "Trial" because whatever Congress is attempting to do now does not qualify as a Presidential impeachment trial.

You must have an impeachment conviction of a sitting President and removal from office first in order to reach a punitive vote such as barring from holding future public office.

Congress lost all jurisdiction when Trump left office. 45 Senators already voted that they did not even have jurisdiction to consider an impeachment verdict.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's almost as if the people in charge don't respect the constitution or rule of law. Funny since the oath they take says they will. Maybe they aren't lying about not coming after our guns after all.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is exactly why CJ John Roberts is not presiding over the Senate "Trial" because whatever Congress is attempting to do now does not qualify as a Presidential impeachment trial.

You must have an impeachment conviction of a sitting President and removal from office first in order to reach a punitive vote such as barring from holding future public office.

Congress lost all jurisdiction when Trump left office. 45 Senators already voted that they did not even have jurisdiction to consider an impeachment verdict.
    Have you considered that Roberts, no fan of Trump, is possibly not presiding so he might not have to recuse himself if the case comes before SCOTUS, thus preserving his ability to side with those of little faith and shiv Trump one more time

These people are past masters of back stabbing

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Have you considered that Roberts, no fan of Trump, is possibly not presiding so he might not have to recuse himself if the case comes before SCOTUS, thus preserving his ability to side with those of little faith and shiv Trump one more time

These people are past masters of back stabbing
    In Article 1 Sec.3 of the Constitution it stipulates that the Chief Justice shall preside over a Senate trial of an impeached President. Therefore the fact that Roberts will not be presiding is an indicator that a Senate impeachment trial no longer jurisdictionally applies because Trump is no longer in office and as such does not require his duties as spelled out in the Constitution.

That in and of itself should speak volumes as to it's validity.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of John Roberts either.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    First, the trial is illegal, but they are doing it anyway.

Second, they cannot vote to bar Trump from holding office unless he is convicted.

Third, when he is not convicted, expect them to vote to bar him from holding office, anyway.

Attempting to keep Trump from running is 2024 is the only reason for this farce.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Maybe the Dems are thinking Trump is still in office in a way , even if Biden was sworn in !? There are still on going fights about the recount of votes. So this may be there thinking ? Food for thought .

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe the Dems are thinking Trump is still in office in a way , even if Biden was sworn in !? There are still on going fights about the recount of votes. So this may be there thinking ? Food for thought .
    It's a long shot and I don't think the Democrats are too concerned about that when they have Judges covering their sixes. Oh I'm sure they would like to use it as their Ace in the hole card if that were to occur though. They like to have insurance policies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    One good thing about this is most people who think it over can't help but conclude that it's not about dummycrats and republithugs, not about left versus right, not about US politics.

Top Bottom