• ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Condolences to all of Indy's finest.

In the last 8 months my wife's been robbed at gunpoint, we had a punk throw a cinder block through our window, and I came home to a burglary, with 4 guns stolen and more than $4k in total losses.

I know I'm ready to fight for the city.
    I just hope the rest of the citizens are too. IMPD can't do it alone.

?........YOU.......need ta MOVE..........:twocents:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My condolences to the family and fellow officers.

I'm not sure that the extra funding (although I do completely agree it is needed) will help much with the city doing catch and release.
    I agree, but it sure couldn't hurt to have some more Officers and other resources available.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    This has nothing to do with police force size...it has to do with stupid judges, prosecutors and worthless probation officers. One thing everyone of these deaths have in common is thugs with convictions free and unsupervised. 3 cocaine convictions this guy should have never been out to kill a cop. If I was IMPD I would send the judges a message....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This has nothing to do with police force size...it has to do with stupid judges, prosecutors and worthless probation officers. One thing everyone of these deaths have in common is thugs with convictions free and unsupervised. 3 cocaine convictions this guy should have never been out to kill a cop. If I was IMPD I would send the judges a message....

Rotate their worthless A$$E$ out of the throne of power.

Catch and release is great for game fish.
    For thugs, not so much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    well, there *IS* a gun problem, is there not? Where is the text? Curious as to who it was and what was said.

Read this early this A.M. Doc.
    Yes....there is a problem. The guns are in the wrong hands. Not our hands. These thugs can and do get about anything they want for the right price.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana

How about we hold the person/a responsible for the actions of those they release? Yeah I know, that's not fair, butthurt, butthurt, butthurt....

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    My condolences and prayers to the family and all IMPD officers. This makes me physically sick.
    IMHO, until we lose the politicians that force the PC attitude on everyone this will continue to happen.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to stem this tide of lunacy? If so let me in on it.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    This! And the media doesn't help either. Fox 59 this am is showing the perp, Major Dirtbag, in photo of family with everyone smiling. Now police mug shots are available, so where did they get the family photo?:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This! And the media doesn't help either. Fox 59 this am is showing the perp, Major Dirtbag, in photo of family with everyone smiling. Now police mug shots are available, so where did they get the family photo?:dunno:

He was such a good boy. He was a good daddy to all his kids.
    Here is a pic of him.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Tell us how and I am sure most in this thread would be of a mind to help.

I would start with the judge and prosecutor who let this guy walk.....then the probation officer who obviously didnt do a good job(but probably is so incredibly overloaded he can't monitor all of them).

Does Indiana have a 3 strikes law?

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville

Just to clarify: He is the nice boy at age 12 in the picture broadcast. Daddy was no stranger the the law either and died (of a heart attack) in a police shootout several years ago and Officer Renn was on scene then as well. When does dodging bullets in the line of work become a resume enhancer? Such a waste. Prayers for his family and loved ones.

Last edited:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    IMO....
    The solution to the thug problem isn't necessarily more Officers.
    It's the good Citizens backing up the Officers who are already out there by letting the thugs, and the Politicians, know that "Enough is enough" and backing up that sentiment with whatever it takes to destroy the thug element.
    It's NOT the thugs nation.
    They do NOT have the right to take our property, or our lives, no matter what the Chicago Mob in DC says.......
    It's OUR nation!
    They need to be educated to that fact!!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Tell us how and I am sure most in this thread would be of a mind to help.

Sadly, I'm not sure we are not to far down the road to destruction. Republicans / Libertarians can't agree, but far left can, & as more & more become dependent on the govt tit, they are not going to vote out the tit. Look @ the illegals pouring in now, how many of them are going to positively contribute to society (hard work, no hand outs)?

Like most of you, I don't have an answer with current govt. Call me a tin hatter, I fear greatly for our country!

You've seen the pic of Natuve Americans that says something akin to "Unless you are one of these, shut up about illegal immigration". Well, look how unrestricted immigration worked out for them, that poster goes both ways.

Difference is the original illegals came here to work hard (most anyway ), not to suck on the free tit.

I will continue to pray for our protectors, soon those will be each of us.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Posting from Eagledale/Napghanistan on the westside.

3 house across the street were shot up back in april, used to hear quite a few gunshots about every night, a month or so back one of the "random shooting yahoo's" got nabbed by the cities finest, haven't heard as many since.

I've watched them around the way, as soon as a call goes out they scatter like flies.

The good neighbors around here are about sick of it, we stand with IMPD against this menace, and it will by god end one way or another.

/me kneels in prayer and ten stands in salute for a fallen hero

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Sadly, I'm not sure we are not to far down the road to destruction. Republicans / Libertarians can't agree, but far left can, & as more & more become dependent on the govt tit, they are not going to vote out the tit. Look @ the illegals pouring in now, how many of them are going to positively contribute to society (hard work, no hand outs)?

Like most of you, I don't have an answer with current govt. Call me a tin hatter, I fear greatly for our country!

You've seen the pic of Natuve Americans that says something akin to "Unless you are one of these, shut up about illegal immigration". Well, look how unrestricted immigration worked out for them, that poster goes both ways.

Difference is the original illegals came here to work hard (most anyway ), not to suck on the free tit.

I will continue to pray for our protectors, soon those will be each of us.

As someone who works with the Hispanics almost everyday...I can tell you this....I know none of them that rely on the federal tit. They are the hardest working people you will ever meet in America. In fact, I use to be in the "send them home camp" but after being around them I understand they care a lot more about family and work then we do. We could all learn a thing or 2 from them....in fact I know they could teach the 42 million Americans who are on the federal tit a thing or 2.

Top Bottom