0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    These are people from terrorist nations. He is playing politics with our safety.

he tossed the list of illegal immigrants too

his admin created the lists for a reason. Now he's tossing them for a political reason and nothing else. Pathetic

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I'm still trying to figure out what his end goal is. Sure, Trump will look evil when the registry get reinstated, but what is that really going to accomplish? What happens when there is an attack and it comes back that this person(s) entered during this period when the registry is gone or an attack is thwarted and it's found out that this person arrived during the previous administration? You can't exactly put the attack blame on Trump because of the actions taken by Obama. It's really a no win for Obama.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    This program has not been used since 2011.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration said Thursday it is officially scrapping a post-9/11 requirement for immigrant men from predominantly Muslim countries to register with the federal government. The U.S. hasn't used the program since 2011, but a top immigration adviser to President-elect Donald Trump has spoken of renewing it.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So to look at this another way it looks like this was a defunct program that was shelved. To my mind this is a good thing, because rather than tie up resources in monitoring everyone from country A we can instead focus on those we know to have ties with fundamentalist groups. I would like to think that this decision has our intelligence agencies working smarter and not just harder.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So to look at this another way it looks like this was a defunct program that was shelved. To my mind this is a good thing, because rather than tie up resources in monitoring everyone from country A we can instead focus on those we know to have ties with fundamentalist groups. I would like to think that this decision has our intelligence agencies working smarter and not just harder.

If that were the case, wouldn't be easier to amend or seemlessly integrate it into a smarter, already implemented, plan? It doesn't appear this happened, as obviously it would give many a sigh of relief. Granted it is the media, but I think this stands alone, without clarification.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Did you see the list if Islamofacsist terrorists the president released this week? He emptied out half of Gitmo...some of them were Ossama Bin Laden's top guys....BAD IDEA.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Kind of like rigging the clubhouse before they get booted out...

We'll see what kind of shape the Obama's and especially their staff leave the White House in. We have all heard the stories of Clinton and staff theft/vandalism of the place on the way out.

Last edited:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

Does this mean there were no beaurocrats still be paid to do nothing - or are there some people who will actually be losing their phony baloney government funded pension added health insurance covered retirement padded jobs ? ! ! I'm confident the government wasn't paying folks for doing nothing. (Purple)

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I don't understand why none of the talking heads have interjected the fact that our population is, for all intents and purposes, registered by way of a Social Security number being tattooed on our respective asses!

Having worked in skip tracing for capital finance, I can tell you that the data bank structure already exists to register and track immigrants quite nicely.

Top Bottom