• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I wasn't sure where to put this, I just thought I would share. Most of my in-laws are welfare bums. You know the type, can't hold a job, do a push-up, or pay their rent on time to save their life, but have guns, nice clothes and video games. We have two of my wife's cousins over on a regular basis (they are seven and ten). I'm pretty much the only father figure in their life. The "tooth fairy" gave one of them a dollar because she lost a tooth the other day. Then we asked her if she wanted to go to the store and use it to buy something. She said no I'll save it. A few days later, we asked her if she still had it. She said no, I gave it to the lunch lady. Apparently, her mother hasn't been paying for their school lunches and owes a ton of money. So +1 to this seven year old for being more responsible then her mid-thirties mom. Maybe there is still hope.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Sometimes children choose a different path than their parents.

They reach a point and may make a conscious decision (committment) to not repeat certain behavior(s) of their parents.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

They reach a point and may make a conscious decision (committment) to not repeat certain behavior(s) of their parents.
    So true. My father was an alcoholic and addicted to drugs. I made the decision at a young age that I would not follow that path. I drink little, have never taken any illegal drugs and am even hesitant to take prescribed painkillers and such.

I got over the fear of possibly becoming an alcoholic many years ago. I know now that I do not have an addictive personality.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

It is true, there are a few people I went to school with that one would have thought there would be no way that they could turn out even remotely close to a decent citizen that turned out to be pretty good people. But that goes both ways, as I know several who's parents were hard working, self reliant people, and some of their kids turned out to be the poster child for being a POS with their hand out to everyone, and hates anyone who has more than them.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond

That's my wife to a T. She really only has one or two family members that I actually get along with without having to bite my tongue. She is very self reliant.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wasn't sure where to put this, I just thought I would share. Most of my in-laws are welfare bums. You know the type, can't hold a job, do a push-up, or pay their rent on time to save their life, but have guns, nice clothes and video games. We have two of my wife's cousins over on a regular basis (they are seven and ten). I'm pretty much the only father figure in their life. The "tooth fairy" gave one of them a dollar because she lost a tooth the other day. Then we asked her if she wanted to go to the store and use it to buy something. She said no I'll save it. A few days later, we asked her if she still had it. She said no, I gave it to the lunch lady. Apparently, her mother hasn't been paying for their school lunches and owes a ton of money. So +1 to this seven year old for being more responsible then her mid-thirties mom. Maybe there is still hope.

I'd be proud too.
    You never know what influence a kid will follow. Maybe you and your wife are it.

Top Bottom