• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Train as you fight, and I ALWAYS spin when I fight! Thats why when the rest of my team went to mid-south I went to Julliard.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I guess I thought the point was going to be about shooters down range of one another during a drill. I wasn't really thinking about all the spinning and acrobatics.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I guess I thought the point was going to be about shooters down range of one another during a drill. I wasn't really thinking about all the spinning and acrobatics.

Those who know me and what I've taught know I am a firm believer in 360 degree live fire training. But there's a lot more going on in this video than that.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Those who know me and what I've taught know I am a firm believer in 360 degree live fire training. But there's a lot more going on in this video than that.

Well, I see some other things in the video that tend to incite discussion and controversy. I think I'll just hide and watch and wait.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I am a firm believer in 360 degree live fire training.

I agree that it can be a valuable experience, however I personally am not willing to ever sacrifice the smallest amount of safety for such a training experience, and IMO, this video has thrown safety out the window. I do understand that the video was made with people that had choreographed and practiced the moves, and possibly with blanks, but I still take exception to the videos allegation that this type or training is a really great idea.

I also think 360 degree training is an outstanding idea, but only when the right logistical steps are taken.

need4speed255

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    You guys that are getting your panties in a bunch about this video must be a bunch of wussies. Next time you leave the house you might want to wear your football gear for protection.

It's a video, they are professionals, so what. Oh no, but it's dangerous! So what! It's their choice. I guess we better pull soldiers out of battle because it's dangerous too. Police, firemen, and construction jobs are dangerous too. I guess we should scrap those jobs as well.

It's an awesome video showing what those peeps can do. It's not for everyone out there. I am sure it took years for them to get to that point.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Regarding A.D.E ...
    No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money: Firearms Training Is Too Important To Be Left To Mall Ninjas
    At my "Range", there is a "company" of people that do "tactical training"... and with all the fliers, and pamphlets that they leave around the range, it doesn't take very long to notice it. One thing I noticed right away, is that one of the employees at the "Range" also wore the similar clothing of "company". I didn't think anything of it, and just focused on learning the specifics of the job. It turns out "she" is an instructor with the "company" on days when she's not working at the "range".

One day, I overheard her talking to a customer about the "company". She was bragging about stories of other people doing tactical things, how they do them wrong, and how their "company" fixes those problems. After her conversation, I started probing.

Me: "How long have you been shooting?"
    Her: "Oh, only about 3 years or so..."
    Me: "Wow, really? How did you get hooked up with "company"?
    Her: "Well, I started shooting, and I was really good, and "owner of company" saw me, and asked me to be an instructor, so I said sure!"
    Me: "Wow, that's cool..." Eek

They literally pulled her off the street and made her an instructor.... for their "military and LEO training. She had/has NO .mil or LEO training, and barely knows anything about firearms in general, forget about "tactical training". She learned on a Glock 19, so that's all she knows. All of her students shoot glocks, and that's all she really discusses... because its all she knows. It's the same with the entire "company". Red flag number 1.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm all for training to whatever extent that anyone feels the need to take it. Speaking for myself I take more of an meat and potatos kind of approach. I'm willing to learn something new but i'd prefer it to be something that I can incorporate that is practical for me to use in a high stress type real life situation where the targets are'nt made of paper and have weapons that will shoot back. I guess i'm not looking for someone in a training envirornment to come at me with the newest,hippest, tackticool spin-a-roonie type moves and I don't particularly get excited or care to have the "feeling of the percussion of a round passing by me and moving my clothing" whichever direction it might be comming from. I'm sorry but I just don't go for all the theatrics.

I don't care for the theatrics either...and the movie looked more like a hollywood production. I was simply meaning that while this video was a useless advertisement....nobody should dismiss the necessity of training at this level and you should not be afraid to train with those whom you trust firing dangerously close to each other. For real life, if you are involved in a situation where you must use close quarter training with a friend next to you....you are more likely to be shot by "friendly fire" if you have not taken the risk in training and taken proper training in such scenarios and learned sectors of fires in team environments.....other than that, yes this "OK Corral" type movie was nothing more than a funny advertisement...which in some cases really showcased their lack of real experience rather than acting

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    I should quite my job at magpul and see if im good enough for that job....

Stupid stuff right there all of it idiots

Top Bottom