Apr 6, 2022
    Chicagoland

John Trap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2022
    Chicagoland

This judge Easterbrook sounds like a real piece of work. What do bazookas and stinger missiles have to do with AR-15's?​

Federal appeals court hears challenge to Illinois gun and magazine bans​

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Lets hope the opinion is as wacky as Mark W Smith predicts! :thumbsup:

These judges cannot get out from their own ego's and hubris. :lmfao:
    I don't know if 'embarrassment' is even the correct term describing them...

John Trap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2022
    Chicagoland
    I wonder how long it's gonna take, before the appeals court rules against the law abiding gunowners, here in Illinois? And how long it will take, to get the supreme court to smack down the appeals court ruling? The clock is ticking, on making law abiding gunowners in Illinois criminals.

In the meantime, Lake county Indiana is looking better and better...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Gun laws are not the only reason I got out of hellinois but it is one of the reasons, and it was not that bad when we started our move. Started about four years ago and by the time we got everything together the actual move was in March 2020. Jim.

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    Gun laws are not the only reason I got out of hellinois but it is one of the reasons, and it was not that bad when we started our move. Started about four years ago and by the time we got everything together the actual move was in March 2020. Jim.
    Same here. We started cleaning out 40 plus years of stuff in 2018. Seriously started looking at houses in Missouri in 2019. Enlisted the aid of our daughter and family in looking at them for us. Found the one in April of 2020, we retired from our jobs at the end of May, closed on the new house and sold our Illinois house within three weeks. Moved in June 2020. Couldn’t be happier. Prickster, Morgan, Willis and the rest of the Illinois communists can go to hell.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    I came from MA where they did the same. For so long I didn't want to come to IL because you couldn't carry but after that nonsense was corrected I was all for the IL move.

...then IL pulled what they did. I was in the market for another home, I wanted out of IL for several reasons and ended up moving to IN not sure if this city guy would ever adjust to rural living. It was one of the best things I've done with my life I only wish I had this mindset decades ago.

I consider my situation quite rare, barely anyone can pack up and move not once but twice. Things could have went a different way so many times, I could have easily landed in IL permanently. It's easy for me to look back and say "duh just move" but people have jobs, mortgages, family and all kinds of debt tying them down....not to mention guns to alot of people are fun but not important enough to make drastic moves like that. I'm grateful to be in this state and I appreciate where I am in life.

The divide is unfortunately becoming more pronounced and extreme. It feels like the left is going all in and figuring why not go nuclear. American citizens are the real losers in all this because of the hate these anti2A efforts generate. Too many people are latching onto something they don't fully understand.

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Obviously Illinois laws are working perfectly... 2 women were shot at the White Sox game (luckily just grazed). From what I've seen, they don't even know if the bullets were from inside or outside the stadium

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Obviously Illinois laws are working perfectly... 2 women were shot at the White Sox game (luckily just grazed). From what I've seen, they don't even know if the bullets were from inside or outside the stadium

Until Illinois does a full scale exorcism of the Democratic party, this will only get worse.

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013

Update... one of the women that were grazed hid the gun in her belly fat. Article that I read said she set the metal detectors off a few times, but they didn't want to "intrude" on her privacy. Haven't heard of a conceal carry that way

John Trap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2022
    Chicagoland
    The truth of the matter, is that the republican politicians in illinois, are even bigger liars than the democrats. They promise the voters that they will enact term limits, property tax reform, etc. But the minute they happen to get elected, all the campaign promises go out the window. One big reason the republican party is on the way out, in illinois, is the incompetence of the republican politician, if they manage to get into office. They are the worst...

Top Bottom