• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sweet. The idiot in chief of Illinois doesn't even understand recent history. He signed an internet tax bill into law and didn't think businesses would leave to avoid the tax, like they've done in virtually every other state that's implemented a similar tax. Oh, well. At least we'll benefit from his idiocy, (and that of the legislators who crafted this travesty). Way to drive business away, numbskull. Hopefully our legislators will take note and avoid this kind of lunacy.

CouponCabin.com Comments on Gov. Quinn Signing Internet Tax Bill -- CHICAGO, March 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

Illinois Governor Signs Amazon Internet Sales Tax Law - Janet Novack - Taxing Matters - Forbes

Last edited:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    didn't a lot of the companies just say "no, we're not going to do that. Try and make us pay" Anyone using any thing like google adwords would end up on an IL site eventually.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Up here in NWI we have seen these billboards begin to show up on the highway in BOTH IN and IL.

Illinnoyed.jpg

Along with another one called "Feeling Squeezed by Taxes?”

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    the place of my birth and if i never see it again i`m happy i hope every one in that state leaves except the idiots in chicago please stay there and finish your job of ruining the state

semper fi :xmad: :patriot: :ingo:

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    Quinn couldn't find his butt with both hands if there was a candy cane sticking out of it. He's strictly a democrap elected by the Chicago machine to rubber stamp their proposals. Now with Rahmbo at the helm in Chicago, and Quinn as his lackey, Illinois is gonna suffer big time. I feel bad for the Southern and Western Illinois, residents.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Does this mean extra taxes when I order magazines from Springfield Armory?

We have to start a petition to get SA to move to Indiana.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does this mean extra taxes when I order magazines from Springfield Armory?

We have to start a petition to get SA to move to Indiana.

Don't think so as you live in IN and they are in IL.
    So since they are shipping out of state their is no tax to collect on their end, I think (at least that is how it works everywhere else) Have not read what their bill says.

HOWEVER
    you are suppose to file an IL-non-resident tax form at the end of the year and tell IL that you bought something from that state and were not charged sales tax and thus pay it. :rolleyes: In theory you should do that with every state that you buy online from which you were not charged the sales tax.

No way to enforce that as no way any state can prove (since they don't know) what you bought and from whom.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Don't think so as you live in IN and they are in IL.
    So since they are shipping out of state their is no tax to collect on their end, I think (at least that is how it works everywhere else) Have not read what their bill says.

HOWEVER
    you are suppose to file an IL-non-resident tax form at the end of the year and tell IL that you bought something from that state and were not charged sales tax and thus pay it. :rolleyes: In theory you should do that with every state that you buy online from which you were not charged the sales tax.

No way to enforce that as no way any state can prove (since they don't know) what you bought and from whom.

Not sure how it will work for Il. but when I order from Brownells (Iowa)I have to pay tax>

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    People moved here in the thousands from Illinois over the last 15-20 yrs. Lake county welcomed them with open arms. Thousands of homes went up destroying a way of life around here. Roads can't handle the traffic. Taxes went up phenomenally through out Lake Co. to cover infrastructure required to service the new residents. Most of them still work in Illinois and pay the bulk of their state income tax to Illinois. The recent increase in Illinois state tax (that idiot Quinn promised no increase when he campaigned) should mean Indiana will receive more. I "think" .02 on the dollar instead of .004. Lake Central high school is the size of the Pentagon now. Illinoisans moved here to escape their taxes and have totally screwed ours. I'm pretty sure there's a place on this years state income tax form (Illinois) to "guestimate" and pay tax on items you bought online.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Too bad that the Illinois residents moving here will bring their politics with them. The majority are too stupid to understand that the things they are fleeing from were caused by how they voted.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Too bad that the Illinois residents moving here will bring their politics with them. The majority are too stupid to understand that the things they are fleeing from were caused by how they voted.
    ^^This. It's California syndrome. They bring the same outlook that ruined the place the formerly lived and impose it on their new home. Look at Lake County. Fortunately, many of them are likely to congregate in the northern part of the state and it's already screwed up.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Idiots. Denver tried a special tax on certain businesses a few years ago. The pizza delivery folks and places like that told them they couldn't afford to operate with the new tax, but of course they were scoffed at and it passed anyway. Those businesses promptly moved to locations just outside of Denver, delivered from there, and the only entity hurt by it was Denver's tax base.

Of course, as we know, all those businesses that relocate are just greedy.

Top Bottom