Illinois Border Alert: up to 10,000 prisoners could be released.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Oh great, some more great citizens out on the loose.

I liked this comment: "I don't like that at all," a woman said. "You know, because I think people have been placed there for a reason."

I certainly hope so :laugh:

I wonder how much money they would save if they stopped allowing prisoner lawsuits.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Supposedly these are going to be non-violent offenders.If they let 6K pot smokers, tax cheats and the like out, then I don't see a huge problem. If it were robbers and murderers I might get worked up about it. They'll likely have to go through the parole system, too. So there will be restrictions on their movements. (Yeah, I know that system is broken. It's government, what can you expect?). I'd wait and see just who it is they plan to release, (if indeed they plan to release anyone. This is likely to be just another political scare tactic).

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    bluesbros.jpg

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't see the release as the main problem. I'm sure, at least I hope, that the people being released will be non violent offenders and that they will be close to the end of their sentence anyway. The problem I see is that they will be releasing 10,000 people who don't have jobs into a failing economy. Thus people who were non violent before may become so in order to eat. I do not know what the restrictions are on people coming out of prison going on unemployment or welfare. If they can access these programs really all they are doing is moving the burden of these people from one program to another. How much money is really being saved?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I don't see the release as the main problem. I'm sure, at least I hope, that the people being released will be non violent offenders and that they will be close to the end of their sentence anyway. The problem I see is that they will be releasing 10,000 people who don't have jobs into a failing economy. Thus people who were non violent before may become so in order to eat. I do not know what the restrictions are on people coming out of prison going on unemployment or welfare. If they can access these programs really all they are doing is moving the burden of these people from one program to another. How much money is really being saved?
    They didn't have jobs before they became convicts. Why would they want one now?? Yeah...10,000 drug dealers. It's not like they are violent or anything. :noway:

Please tell me this isn't the part where you say they are "victims of society"?

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    They didn't have jobs before they became convicts. Why would they want one now?? Yeah...10,000 drug dealers. It's not like they are violent or anything. :noway:

Please tell me this isn't the part where you say they are "victims of society"?
    They didn't? How do you know that? No this is not the part where I say they are victims of society.
    Snip from article-
    The state's making a list of thousands of so-called non-violent inmates with less than one year left to serve who could be released early
    This being the case they would be getting out soon anyway. The real problem is releasing that many at one time in one area. Hopefully they have places to go and people to take them in and help them get started again.

I agree that it is a bad idea to do this. Especially in the guise of trying to save money.

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Looks like the population of Gary will be going up. Illinois has always had the "catch and release" prison program. This idiot is just adding some of the same drama that arnold the wormanator tried. Oh well

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    They just need a hug. Like the GITMO detainees. Seriously, just a hug a day.

They just need a hug? Cool...

straitjacket-2.jpg

They can hug themselves... in their "I love me" jackets.

I agree with the above: Lock and load. :draw:

Note that they said non-violent offenders. Gee... Wonder if that will include Rod Blagojevich?

Blessings,
    Bill

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Good news :xmad:...and I just so happen to live on the state line 20 so miles from Danville, IL where a lot of them will go...:xmad:

Look like I'll have to be on the lookout even more when this happens.

I'm actually going to alert my neighbors. I'm so close to the Illinois state line that when I look over my bean field I see the state of Illinois. The state prison in Joliet is only 30 miles west of me. If Joliet releases 6000 inmates it is a safe bet that some of the vermin will find their way to the state line.

Putting together a neighborhood watch is a reasonable first step. Its one thing to have dogs and guns, but having neighbors who watch out for each other is critical in a rural area when the sheriff's response time can be measured with an hour glass instead of a stop watch.

Top Bottom