• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've been a member of IFCU (Industrial Federal Credit Union)
    for just over 15 years, but it looks like that relationship will end soon.

Ifcu recently posted a notice stating basically, "No weapons on the premisis, regardless of license or permit".

I informed the branch manager that I weas unhappy with the new policy. I mentioned that I am a veteren, a certifierd NRA pistol instructor, an LTCH license holder for more than 20 years, and I felt the new policy treated me like a criminal.

I was basically informed that if I did not like the new policy, I was welcome to take my business elsewhere.

So, I guess if they don't want my business, I don't want to deal with them.
    I think I'll start refusing to accept checks from this institution in my business.

I'm by FAR, not their largest depositor, but I'm not going to let this affront on my second ammendment rights go unanswered.

Boycott anyone?

Why wait? Why would you not close your accounts then and there?
    You don't need anyone else's help with a " boycott", just tell the manager why you are closing your accounts and move them to a more hospitable place!!!

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Wow, this news is a shock. The founder of this institution was an active gun owner and shooter and was a regular gun shop customer of mine for years in Lafayette. I guess he needs to return from retirement.

:ingo::patriot:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well, go around to to all the local bank branches, go inside and ask if they allow firearms, then report back. I am guessing you will have a hard time finding such a place.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is also fairly undefined. For instance, let's say I have a toy on layaway for my kid at walmart. I have paid half so far. One day I get into it with a clerk there, they call the police, and I am trespassed. I return citing having a "contractual interest." Do you think that will keep you from going to jail and being convicted? You'd be fooling yourself if you do.

There's another case law that involved a gym. Woman had a membership and was charged with trespass. She was convicted and reversed on appeal.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, go around to to all the local bank branches, go inside and ask if they allow firearms, then report back. I am guessing you will have a hard time finding such a place.

It's less about "do you allow..." and more about "We don't go out of our way to tell you you can't."

I've never had one minute's problem at Chase with carrying there. Now, I don't make it obvious that I'm doing so, either, but I've also never heard of anyone being told there that they can't.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That was actually one of the Criteria I had for selecting my Bank. ;)
    I OC at all but one of the Branches on a regular Basis also... :dunno:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

My bank doesn't have a problem with mine! I've been in several banks in the last couple years with no problems!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

with the deposits I take in sometimes my CU says they don't want to see me without mine :D

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Sorry to dig up a necrothread here..

I've had a loan with IFCU for a little while, and there was NOT a sign up of any kind when I have been there in the past. Fast forward to yesterday, when I stopped in Monticello to transfer some funds..

IMAG0176.jpg

Is this at all of their branches? I'm normally in a hurry and hit the drive-thru, so I've never paid attention.. can any of you guys chime in? I'll check Delphi next time I'm out..

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    No. 49A02

"Here, the undisputed evidence shows that on December 3, 2010, Lyles owned an account with Chase with a positive balance. Thus, Lyles had a contractual interest in the Chase premises. There is no evidence that Lyles contractual interest had been terminated at the time of his arrest. As in Woods, while there may have been sufficient evidence to support a conviction for disorderly conduct, the State did not file any such charge. The State has failed to prove an essential element of criminal trespass, namely, that Lyles did not have a contractual interest in the property, and the evidence is insufficient to support Lyles' conviction. See Woods, 703 N.E.2d at 1117."

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Sorry to dig up a necrothread here..

I've had a loan with IFCU for a little while, and there was NOT a sign up of any kind when I have been there in the past. Fast forward to yesterday, when I stopped in Monticello to transfer some funds..

IMAG0176.jpg

Is this at all of their branches? I'm normally in a hurry and hit the drive-thru, so I've never paid attention.. can any of you guys chime in? I'll check Delphi next time I'm out..

So, with their sign:
    "No weapons permitted on credit union premises, regardless of permit or other authorization", does that mean no LEOs with weapons, while they may not have a permit, but they have "other authorization". What about armored car money delivery guys (can't think of their title right now) they carry with authorization/permits. How about scissors, staplers, letter opener? All are weapons in my book... Seems silly to disarm LEOs, armored car money guys, and your secratary!!

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I never understand those signs. If someone were going to rob the place, are they going to NOT rob it, cause the sign. Fricken rediculous.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I never understand those signs. If someone were going to rob the place, are they going to NOT rob it, cause the sign. Fricken rediculous.

Cause I'm sure the criminals going to walk to the front door and read: "No weapons permitted on credit union premises, regardless of permit or other authorization" and think, well, maybe I should rob the other bank, the one that doesn't restrict weapons.

A flawed logic indeed...

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will no longer do busines with Three Rivers Federal Credit Union for the same reason.
    As I was closing my account they asked why. I said cause of their no gun policy. They told that it did not apply to me. I did not care. I then asked why they put up the signs. He said with a straight face "we want to cut down on bank robberies." I asked why did they just not put up a no bank robbery sign. The light bulb went off above his head of course it was dim. I then asked the question do you honestly believe a criminal will come up to the bank intent on committing about 20 felonies see the sign and go damn I cannot carry my gun (misdemeanor trespass charge) I geuss I will go home. I left with all my deposits in a cashiers check cause they did not have the cash. I asked if it was good as I did not trust anyone with the **** poor logic they show.

Top Bottom