• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Can someone please answer whether or not the AR was even used in this mass murder? All I have heard was that it was in the trunk of the car.

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN

Look we can't talk about losing freedoms then be mad when someone or acompany exercises their freedom.

This has been a rough year for the black rifle; it appears they have reachedthe breaking point.

I would assume they analyzed the sales information before they made this stepand decided the sales did not equal an amount where it would offset losses fromthe backlash of non black rifle people boycott.

murph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Lawrence County
    I saw someone else talking about whether the AR was actually used or not. Because it started out that it was just in the car then turned into what was used. However, I also read where in that state you can't have more than a 10 round mag so the part about him putting 11 holes in one person/child would be invalid at that point, unless he was a crazy fast reloader and had a ton of magazines. JMO. The media turned it into such a feeding frenzy about guns. America brings it on itself. If the media wouldn't turn every dang shotting into such a freaking event I almost bet that crimes like this would decrease. I think most do it for the attention anymore. Although in this guys case I read he was mentally unstable. Who knows. That's the freaking problem with watching the news, they twist it to what they want and a fraction of the truth is really made known.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I will never shop at CTD again (even though I already didnt) or Dicks again. 30 for a pmag.

That $30 P-Mag really threw me. I stocked up on them a few weeks ago for something like $10 and change. Tripling the price overnight is just wrong.

My Jarhead son asked me then, "Why do you need so many mags? That's a waste of money."

I just texted him with that reminder and told him of CTD's prices on mags and he replied, "Can you give me a couple for Christmas?" I just love it when Dad's still wise. :D

And, just for giggles, check out their selection of EBRs:

Guns - Buy Pistols, Rifles & Shotguns Online at Discount Prices

You're OK if you want a Remington. Gonna get ugly quick, folks ...

Out of curiosity, I just checked CTD for Lake City 5.56 ammo, too. $659/1000 rds!!

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was in Dicks to buy some shotgun shells last week. Mind you, I am an old grey bearded man and my shoes are as old as the clerk. She asked to see my ID. I was in a hurry and showed her my license. I should have refused and asked to see the manager. Is this their new policy, or was the little girl confused?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Dick's is a bunch of money hungry dogs with no social conscience. My money is on the fact that they sold hundreds of AR-15's on Black Friday that they can not get. The supply is getting short and Dick's is seeing this as a perfect opportunity to look good in the press and get off the hook for all those back orders. I bet that is why they are pulling the AR-15 style rifles off the shelves....they don't have any left to sell.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Can someone please answer whether or not the AR was even used in this mass murder? All I have heard was that it was in the trunk of the car.
    According to the CBS evening news, Sunday night, it was a shotgun .....
    Also, Fox 59 just reported that the "gunman", tried to buy a rifle from Dick's, and was denied..... ( maybe the gun control laws we ALREADY have, work after all) .....

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Talked to the manager at the dicks near me yesterday and he told me to come in friday because he has 3 coming in, 2 bushmasters and a smith mp15

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    CTD is funny bc I just got on magpul and they don't even sell them for 30 I think their cheapest was 12 or 13 maybe

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I did not read the whole thread, so this may have been mentioned.

How many people that right now are screaming "down with dicks" will be the ones that post about the great deal they got at dicks next time they run a sale on 10-22's at christmas? It always amazes me how quick folks are to forget when it involves their wallet

Top Bottom