If you had access to unlimited funds, truly unlimited resources, what would you do with your life?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    You are the sole heir to a long lost Uncle, and he was incredibly rich, and no one in the world even knows about him or his fantastic wealth. He left everything to you, and initially, you have 10 billion dollars to spend. There is so much more than that available to you, and that's just a taste.

I know, you're going to take care of family and friends, and be charitable to people and causes you believe in, and I don't want to hear about that. It's so obvious. Presume you've done that, and and are going to continue that, so you don't need to mention that.

But what are you, personally, going to do with yourself? Every basic physical need you have is covered. Food, shelter, physical security, health care and the like.

What's next? Seek education? Freedom to express yourself in some art like music or scultpture or painting or gunsmithing or car restoration or architecture or pottery? Sit around and do nothing because you can?

There's a reason I ask this in this specific forum, trust me. :)

I know, I'm going to get a lot of respeonses like hookers and coke, or two chicks at the same time, but I will appreciate the responses that are geared more towards how people would better themselves.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Run the hedonistic treadmill until I collapse into a drug-fueled existential crisis and weep for there are no worlds left to conquer?

Kidding. Well, at the risk of sounding like a narcissist...I would buy an original Grumman G-21 Goose with the original radial engines. I would pay some posh mustachio'd jackass from Carmel to teach me how to fly it. I would throw a pack in the back, stuff a 45-70 behind the copilot seat, and I would spend an entire summer flying around Alaska. I'd land on lakes, fish off the wings, hike around, shoot at wildlife, sleep in the back, and be all by myself. When I get bored, start that thing up and motor on to the next spot.

There's definitely a question of how long it would take to go nuts from choice exhaustion and what I think of as "frictionless existence". Would I be able to cope with never having to solve my own problems? Would I just invent new and more ridiculous problems? I guess I understand where rich people's obsession with power and changing the world comes from: Living life for yourself is boring. Couple that with never being able to have a normal relationship free of "the money" ever again, and...I guess I see how they go crazy.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You are the sole heir to a long lost Uncle, and he was incredibly rich, and no one in the world even knows about him or his fantastic wealth. He left everything to you, and initially, you have 10 billion dollars to spend. There is so much more than that available to you, and that's just a taste.

I know, you're going to take care of family and friends, and be charitable to people and causes you believe in, and I don't want to hear about that. It's so obvious. Presume you've done that, and and are going to continue that, so you don't need to mention that.

But what are you, personally, going to do with yourself? Every basic physical need you have is covered. Food, shelter, physical security, health care and the like.

What's next? Seek education? Freedom to express yourself in some art like music or scultpture or painting or gunsmithing or car restoration or architecture or pottery? Sit around and do nothing because you can?

There's a reason I ask this in this specific forum, trust me. :)

I know, I'm going to get a lot of respeonses like hookers and coke, or two chicks at the same time, but I will appreciate the responses that are geared more towards how people would better themselves.
    Buy politicians

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Run the hedonistic treadmill until I collapse into a drug-fueled existential crisis and weep for there are no worlds left to conquer?

Kidding. Well, at the risk of sounding like a narcissist...I would buy an original Grumman G-21 Goose with the original radial engines. I would pay some posh mustachio'd jackass from Carmel to teach me how to fly it. I would throw a pack in the back, stuff a 45-70 behind the copilot seat, and I would spend an entire summer flying around Alaska. I'd land on lakes, fish off the wings, hike around, shoot at wildlife, sleep in the back, and be all by myself. When I get bored, start that thing up and motor on to the next spot.

There's definitely a question of how long it would take to go nuts from choice exhaustion and what I think of as "frictionless existence". Would I be able to cope with never having to solve my own problems? Would I just invent new and more ridiculous problems? I guess I understand where rich people's obsession with power and changing the world comes from: Living life for yourself is boring. Couple that with never being able to have a normal relationship free of "the money" ever again, and...I guess I see how they go crazy.
    Oh, that is such a great first resonse to my original post, and you probably don't even know where I'm going with this. You can pursue whatever you want, money is no object, just seek it. Might not go exactly as planned, but have the chance to try it.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    For me? I would want to drill deeper into mathematics and physics than I ever have before. Of course, it's been so long, that I would certainly need refresher courses, but I would welcome that challenge, and I'd want to see where that would lead me.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Wow, that's a lot of resources to consider. So many good things could be done with that kind of cash.

So many worthy pursuits, so little time...
    * Buy every Mossberg 500 series shotgun?
    * Pay a team round the clock to build the world's largest tin foil ball?
    * Finally get that trans surgery?
    * Buy a large portion of the state of Utah, adopt 1/2 the shelter dogs in Red states, hire a top quality team of vets and attendants, build a canine oasis?
    * Hire all the best talent from Washington lobbyist firms, build my own Super-Lobby group?
    * Create the countries largest super PAC, to provide funding in concert with the Super-Lobby group.
    * Work with humble and honest Native American leaders to develop soul-supporting systems and industry on Tribal lands?
    * Convert at least 1/2 government controlled national parks and monument lands back into private hands?
    * Open re-education camps for anyone NOT looking at the whole picture of "renewable energy", from mine to EV?
    * Buy Vista Outdoor and take the company private, overhaul the management structure?
    * Provide a 6-12 month long educational course for every man & woman in The United States, over the age of 15, to study the Declaration of Independence, US Constitution and Bill of Rights (and supporting documents)?
    * "Update" the criminal justice system to make it more effective and intuitive?
    * "Update" the whole educational system to make it more effective and intuitive?
    * Buy a lime green & black Schwinn Apple Krate bike?
    * Buy all Rolling Stones and Aerosmith music catalogs, band rights, then "mandate" that all current band members retire?
    * Throw a lavish dinner party with all the usual dignitaries, to present LA, New York, Chicago and Portland homeless organizations a donation of $1?
    * Finish building that wall?

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Wow, that's a lot of resources to consider. So many good things could be done with that kind of cash.

So many worthy pursuits, so little time...
    * Buy every Mossberg 500 series shotgun?
    * Pay a team round the clock to build the world's largest tin foil ball?
    * Finally get that trans surgery?
    * Buy a large portion of the state of Utah, adopt 1/2 the shelter dogs in Red states, hire a top quality team of vets and attendants, build a canine oasis?
    * Hire all the best talent from Washington lobbyist firms, build my own Super-Lobby group?
    * Create the countries largest super PAC, to provide funding in concert with the Super-Lobby group.
    * Work with humble and honest Native American leaders to develop soul-supporting systems and industry on Tribal lands?
    * Convert at least 1/2 government controlled national parks and monument lands back into private hands?
    * Open re-education camps for anyone NOT looking at the whole picture of "renewable energy", from mine to EV?
    * Buy Vista Outdoor and take the company private, overhaul the management structure?
    * Provide a 6-12 month long educational course for every man & woman in The United States, over the age of 15, to study the Declaration of Independence, US Constitution and Bill of Rights (and supporting documents)?
    * "Update" the criminal justice system to make it more effective and intuitive?
    * "Update" the whole educational system to make it more effective and intuitive?
    * Buy a lime green & black Schwinn Apple Krate bike?
    * Buy all Rolling Stones and Aerosmith music catalogs, band rights, then "mandate" that all current band members retire?
    * Throw a lavish dinner party with all the usual dignitaries, to present LA, New York, Chicago and Portland homeless organizations a donation of $1?
    * Finish building that wall?
    LOL, perfect example of what I was NOT talking about!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My life is pretty good right now. I try to be thankful for it everyday by making sure to take care of the body that got me this far.

Swimming in money would likely really mess that all up, make me lose appreciation for the simple things and probably make me a rotten human.

I try not to dwell much on money for nothing...

:twocents:

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For me? I would want to drill deeper into mathematics and physics than I ever have before. Of course, it's been so long, that I would certainly need refresher courses, but I would welcome that challenge, and I'd want to see where that would lead me.
    1680079309463.png

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I would just do what I am doing now but in style. If I got bored I would then start my political career.

Attachments

• DACE11DB-FB8F-4D71-80BD-9794F4D93DFF.jpeg
      DACE11DB-FB8F-4D71-80BD-9794F4D93DFF.jpeg
      104.3 KB · Views: 5

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have a pretty good balance of work, hobbies, travel, and service to my community. I’d certainly give up the work for pay, and I’d have more toys, but travel and service to my community would dramatically increase in scope and scale. Plus furthering my education.

I’d also own a lot more land that would be protected, and vandals would quietly disappear.

Top Bottom