If you had access to unlimited funds, truly unlimited resources, what would you do with your life?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Have a meeting with Elon Musk and ask him if I give him a check for 10 Trillion dollars, can he have functioning bases on both the Moon and Mars within 5 years?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm going to travel the world and race. No seriously.... I would hire coaches and crew chiefs to manage the car, have a killer toter home full of **** boxes to race all over he world and country.

Traveling would be on my own private 737 and crews. I would own some massive ranch in the mountains out west with a minimum 1000 acres. I'd have the winter home on some island that I purchased that could land my plane and have my own race track. We would travel everywhere with our dogs and see the world.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I would improve my existing property to where I can live there year round. I would improve and build up my gun ranges and put in a 3D archery course. I would buy up as much of the adjoining property as I could, and then retire there and enjoy the fruits of my late Uncle's labors. The rest of this crazy world can suck it!

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    First thing I would do is give to our church, pay off their mortgage and g8ve a large chunk of change to the school there.

I'd buy back all of the ground that my great-great-great-grandad homesteaded (I have 34 acres of what was the original 160) and set it up with more solar than I have now and add a few wind generators and maybe one or two in the creek that flows through the farm.

I'd pay off all of my kids debts (they all do well) and set up funds for whatever education they want (stopping at 8 year degrees) and if they wanted to go into a legitimate business I'd fund that also. I've got 2 grandsons that are handicapped and I'd make sure they are taken care of for life.

I would also donate generously to the children's cancer clinics across the world.

Definitely more running through my mind but I truly have all I need.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Seriously, I would give most of it away, because like the old saw, I don't think money alone brings happiness. I would hire a lot of superior people to take care of the day to day hassle of dealing with people who beg for my money and the press. I probably would travel in my personal airplane, probably a Gulfstream 550. I wouldn't travel alone. I'd take close friends and family with me because things are a lot more fun when shared with others. I might buy a large island and build an airport on it.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Screw it, I’ll say it!

I’d travel the world and enjoy a year or two enjoying it.

Then I would fund a Revolution and and create a republic base on what used to be USA. And make it even more stupid proof. Write a book and ride off into the sunset.

Also, I’d develop a tollway system where you have to sign a waiver and there are no speed limit, and allow Darwin to sort things out.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Start my own cigar lable.
    Travel the world in a private jet. Basically find a country and spend a month there then move to the next one.
    Buy a big ass sail boat and get a crew and sail all over.
    Get my pilots license
    Become skydive certified
    Buy a big ass place on the gulf down in Florida with a private dock, hanger, and run way.
    Go big game hunting all over the world.
    Expand my boat crew and send them to the best tactical training available.
    Amass a large arsenal.
    Get a couple helicopters.
    A few planes.
    A few more boats.
    Then under the cover of night invade Cuba.
    Remove the current leadership and place myself and a few very close friends in the top seats.
    Open talks with the U.S. to establish trade and what not.
    Usher in a new era of peace and posterity in Cuba.
    The people with erect great statues in honor of me and my privateers.
    Put my face on the money.
    Sponsor a huge tobacco farm to make my cigars.
    Open cigar lounges all over the world.
    Sit back in my empire and smoke cigars and watch Cuba grow into a huge successful country.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Do they same stuff I do now just with nicer stuff.
    Get a doctor that comes to my house.
    Buy a metric **** ton of property, put a mansion on it, and a lake stocked with fish. Build a small lake house on said lake.
    Start up my own charity where I can supply children who come from poor households sports equipment. Whether that be baseball equipment, football, whatever. Big believer in youth athletics helping development. In America hockey is costly to get involved in and thus limits who can play.
    Buy some ocean front property in Florida, a ranch in Texas, and an off grid cabin in Montana.
    Buy a private jet and a p51 mustang
    Eventually learn how to fly said aircraft.
    Get a horse into the Kentucky derby so I can sit in the owners box.
    Buy fan boats and Jon boats with brand new Chevy trucks, start a group where whenever a hurricane or tornado destroys a town a team and I can go down and help rescue people from their homes.
    I’ve got a lot more, it’s basically all I think about while I’m mowing my property.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    For me? I would want to drill deeper into mathematics and physics than I ever have before. Of course, it's been so long, that I would certainly need refresher courses, but I would welcome that challenge, and I'd want to see where that would lead me.
    Early on, understanding mathematics helped me get into and then out of a job. Using numbers to plan ahead was important. I wouldn't change much as I'm very thankful of how it worked out. With more money I might add some additional travel outside the US if things get back to normal but otherwise am quite happy about where I'm at. Plenty of time to live, learn and enjoy freedoms that are priceless.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    cTeF7PA.jpg

Purely for satirical purposes , honestly I would want to fund space exploration and research myself. Maybe finally dump some real money into fusion and see if we can make it work.

Then as a side hustle I would have my own FFL/SOT or whatever to make all the cool custom guns I want since I have an unlimited budget. Nothing but the latest and greatest HAAS CNC machines and poached Wilson and Nighthawk gunsmiths. I really want to see what a truly modern gun using cutting edge metals is capable of. The .277 Fury and it's 80K PSI chamber pressure has me interested. A Walther PPK with good sights and chambered in 9mm with an optics cut would be on the list of things I would have made.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    All of you are so busy buying stuff but you miss the point that at this time you can NOT buy additional time.

You have unlimited resources but LIMITED time before you die.

Pour all those resources into developing a way to extend your time or those you chose. Then you can become a god if you like.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'd be Batman.
    Seriously - I would spend my lift pursuing legal education (to keep me from potential trouble) and physical training sufficient to bring justice to people who have thus far escaped it.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    As said above, do what I already do but with nicer toys. I enjoy what I do, and see value in it for society.
    New cars would be nice, more land, maybe hire some competent people to handle time-consuming non-productive parts of the job, so I could take more vacations and travel.
    Constraint of money is generally good to keep our base human nature from spinning out of control.

One time I bought a lottery ticket, when the jackpot was crazy, like $500M. Mrs and I chatted, came to conclusion that if we won, we would be divorced in five years, and all our kids would be on drugs and possibly dead. Screw that.

Top Bottom