If you carry should you consult with an attorney?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have a friend who is an attorney. I keep his card in my wallet at all times for whatever circumstance may arise. He knows I carry but we've never had a discussion about it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a friend who is an attorney. I keep his card in my wallet at all times for whatever circumstance may arise. He knows I carry but we've never had a discussion about it.

NO! Keep the card with your spouse. If you're arrested, you don't have access to your wallet and you may not remember the phone number under stress. You won't forget your home phone number, though.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    you really should meet with an self defense lawyer who is knowledgeable about gun laws in your state,
    Therein lies the rub... I would like to talk to a self defense attorney but I have yet to find one in my area who claims this. There are many who deal with criminal defense but since I have no intention of ever being a criminal, I hesitate to consider this. I realize this is a matter of semantics since, if the situation ever arises, I will be fighting criminal charges but dammit, I am not a criminal.

Also, I have found it is difficult to get a lawyer to respond to inquiries when you start off saying "I hope to never need your services...."

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen on this forum a listing of attorneys by area that have experience with gun rights law. Might be handy.

Rockhopper,
    I went to a training class conducted by an attorney who said he would do that. Never happened.
    You're right, a list could be very valuable. Maybe Scutter should be soliciting ads from solicitors!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I know who to call first, a family member. They will get my "get my ass out of jail attorney" in gear and get me bonded out as fast as humanly possible. Next step would be to talk to Mas or another friend of mine and find out who is best for my particular circumstance.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    How about you just read the applicable laws and codes regarding such activities?

Prometheus, I'm not sure if you've ever responded to a question I've ever asked directly to you... maybe once... but here goes...

As a layman, do you actually believe that simply reading the laws and codes (if you can actually find and identify them) would give you a full appreciation of the actual enforceable policy of the government?

Maybe this would work in some utopian liberal society... but how about in the actual society in which we all live???

Top Bottom