If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Truly I don’t know if any of you are right. Will say on things I care enough to verify I usually find that the memes are based on an element of truth, similar to how a joke must have an element of truth to be funny. But the joke to me is you guys are so hung ho you are fact checking memes which is even crazier than just spouting talking points….
    I fact check occasionally, but whats really crazy to me is people who will believe anything that agrees with their viewpoint without question. I fact check more things that I want to be true or think might be than the reverse. Come on there was a thread on here about the vax actually being iirc a chimeric virus that would turn people into hybrid creatures. The person posting it thought it might be true but seemed a little out there so was checking to see what others thought. Now to me, that is ****ing crazy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I fact check occasionally, but whats really crazy to me is people who will believe anything that agrees with their viewpoint without question. I fact check more things that I want to be true or think might be than the reverse. Come on there was a thread on here about the vax actually being iirc a chimeric virus that would turn people into hybrid creatures. The person posting it thought it might be true but seemed a little out there so was checking to see what others thought. Now to me, that is ****ing crazy.

This is what we get when the institutions of our society, that spent years cultivating a stellar reputations, are taken over by ideologues who then use that reputation for politicized results and corruption…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This is what we get when the institutions of our society, that spent years cultivating a stellar reputations, are taken over by ideologues who then use that reputation for politicized results and corruption…
    People believing bat **** crazy stuff because the regular media is untrustworthy? Nah, we've always had that.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not at all - not like it is today.
    I wonder. Or perhaps with the internet and such we just hear it more? Like crime, it seems so much worse now compared to when I was a kid. But statistically it's lower. There was a double murder the next town over from me, when I was a kid it would have made local news, maybe state. I doubt national, but now it's being discussed and on the news internationally.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I wonder. Or perhaps with the internet and such we just hear it more? Like crime, it seems so much worse now compared to when I was a kid. But statistically it's lower. There was a double murder the next town over from me, when I was a kid it would have made local news, maybe state. I doubt national, but now it's being discussed and on the news internationally.
    No, that isn't all of it.
    I remember when news was "who, what, when, where and why". Now it is "here is what my party thinks and this is what you should think".

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No, that isn't all of it.
    I remember when news was "who, what, when, where and why". Now it is "here is what my party thinks and this is what you should think".
    I agree with you on the news, just maybe disagree on the amount of crazies out there. I might agree that the news is maybe leading people to the sites where they post the crazy **** they believe.

No we have not. Nowhere near this level. Anyone that cannot see that is perpetuating it…
    See above.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree with you on the news, just maybe disagree on the amount of crazies out there. I might agree that the news is maybe leading people to the sites where they post the crazy **** they believe.

See above.
    If TPTB had not squandered their standing the people would not believe such outrageous things.

When it is leaked before the election that the media are conspiring and not reporting anything that would benefit Trump in the event of a contested election because the media still regret the reporting they did that boosted GWB to the win then no one can believe anything they said about the election.

In the vacuum the people must use secondary and farther down the list (as defined by the left) sources. Sources that may have a UFO article next to a valid election fraud article…

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    If you think the news is biased and slanted now, you should read some Civil War-era newspapers. Some of the things they asserted would make your skin crawl. Yellow journalism was a product of more than 100 years ago. I might go for "the worst in our lifetime," but history is full of motivated liars.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

See above.
    I think this pandemic came during the perfect storm of problems. We have political polarization which has eroded trust in government. We have media companies who are so incredibly biased that you can’t trust either side. I think the internet has made it to where people can Google something and think they’re now qualified to speak on complex, nuanced topics after 10-15min of sitting on the toilet. I think social media had made people so narcissistic that they can’t admit they’re wrong or that they just don’t know something. And, I think we are so connected that we can share ideas instantly whereas in the past we kept to our like-minded social circles. The result is an unmitigated dumpster fire, and we are all guilty.

Also, I think some people are more
    concerned about this pandemic than they let on. Some folks can’t let a single thread go by without having to jump in about how it’s all lies. Maybe its a self-reassurance thing? Easier than facing the uncertainty? Who knows.

Top Bottom