If the Congress wants to implement gun control to protect children, I have an idea.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Let's start from the top.

There are 1879 uniform officers of the US Capital Police, their job is to protect 535 Congress members(100 senate, 435 in the house).

And the Capital grounds are already Gun Free Zone, so they are already protected.

Let's put all of these officers in the schools for a few weeks, or months.

And add Secret Service, too.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Volunteering parents who have CCW's, or LTCH's as security at schools.on patrol, nothing is more protective than a Mama, or Papa bear.

Parents and grandparents, thankyouverymuch. If you want to check and make sure those people coming in are not prohibited from being within X distance of children or such, I think I'd be OK with that. LTCH requirement I think is less important, although to be fair, I think Utah is the state that ended the prohibition on lawfully armed adults with carry licenses/permits in K-12 schools.

I'm not aware of any school shootings in K-12 schools in Utah.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Like I've said before, lots of good men sitting in Army bases with little to do after coming home from the sandbox. Station a few to every school in the country, they're already on the payroll. Let them secure the schools, put a sign out front that say " Protection Supplied By The U.S. Military "
    May change a few people's minds about causing harm to school children.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    High impact/low probability events are by definition very difficult and often expensive to prepare for.
    People I interact with on FB are all in a dither about forcing teachers to carry guns in school. Even with ammo as expensive as it is, we get plenty of practice shooting down straw men.
    As has been said frequently, the best way to keep disarmed people from being killed is to stop disarming them.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    High impact/low probability events are by definition very difficult and often expensive to prepare for.
    People I interact with on FB are all in a dither about forcing teachers to carry guns in school. Even with ammo as expensive as it is, we get plenty of practice shooting down straw men.
    As has been said frequently, the best way to keep disarmed people from being killed is to stop disarming them.

"Yup. I WON'T carry a gun."

Okay.
    No one is telling you that you have to.
    Duh!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like I've said before, lots of good men sitting in Army bases with little to do after coming home from the sandbox. Station a few to every school in the country, they're already on the payroll. Let them secure the schools, put a sign out front that say " Protection Supplied By The U.S. Military "
    Do you realize how many pink vagina hat wearing alleged females heads would explode at this idea let alone implementing it.
    Yes let’s do this. 2 problems solved in 1 bold move.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't oppose this idea in principle. I'm curious (and admittedly, uncertain) if it would run afoul of Posse Comitatus.

I also have concerns of precedent, i.e. "They're in our kids' schools, why shouldn't they be in banks, too?!" (substitute whichever location in place of "banks" and add orders that anyone seen with a gun is to be shot on sight, etc.)

This is not a bad idea, giving those good men something to do in which they could take pride, I just think we need to be careful how we implement it, if so. (with the full understanding that it will never be implemented with a D in office.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Do you realize how many pink vagina hat wearing alleged females heads would explode at this idea let alone implementing it.
    Yes let’s do this. 2 problems solved in 1 bold move.
    We also need to keep in mind that many of the teachers we're discussing being armed are also the ones teaching our kids that girls can be boys and boys can be girls, that if you are White, you are an evil colonizer, and that children from kindergarten on up should be taught both how to masturbate and about orally pleasuring one's partner, to say nothing of inserting things (organic and otherwise) into what everyone has in addition to an opinion.

No thank you, those are not the people I want having deadly weapons around our children. I'm not advocating denying their rights based on their employment. I'm advocating their removal from the process of educating our young people.

Blessings,
    Bill

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    School shootings weren't a thing until the federal GFSZA.

Want to protect kids? Stop painting a target on schools.
    That is not exactly accurate. There were 7 between 1927 and 1990 in which 4 or more were killed at a school.
    There certainly was an increase after that. It is a stupid law.

BFG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Co-author of the liberal playbook:

"To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.” -- Adolf Hitler

“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people.
    As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children,
    the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.” -- Adolf Hitler

“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time,
    to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.
    In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.” -- Adolf Hitler

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    While its a great idea, I think it might be prohibited by the constitution...........

Top Bottom