If I Wanted America to Fail... Great Video for Earth Day!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Little over the top, but some good points none the less.

He forgot one thing though...if he really wanted America to fail, he would polarize every issue, such that compromise a cooperating were no longer seen as options, and that every issue had only one right answer, and that anyone that doesn't agree with you is no longer a countrymen, but an enemy.

I get that there are those in power today that do want to fundamentally change our nation for the worse. Those people may also take advantage of their power in the EPA, SEC, etc. However, ask anyone who has ever been to a third world country...were you glad to be back home again?

Remember one thing....a house divided can not stand. That is the real danger that we all need to be aware of.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Little over the top, but some good points none the less.

He forgot one thing though...if he really wanted America to fail, he would polarize every issue, such that compromise a cooperating were no longer seen as options, and that every issue had only one right answer, and that anyone that doesn't agree with you is no longer a countrymen, but an enemy.

I get that there are those in power today that do want to fundamentally change our nation for the worse. Those people may also take advantage of their power in the EPA, SEC, etc. However, ask anyone who has ever been to a third world country...were you glad to be back home again?

Remember one thing....a house divided can not stand. That is the real danger that we all need to be aware of.
    I think there has been compromise for decades, and the slope keeps getting steeper. All that does is knock us a few inches down the hill...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There was a running battle over this yesterday. Twitter suspended the account of the maker of this video. I believe I read they ended up lifting the suspension when a bunch of people began to protest.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think there has been compromise for decades, and the slope keeps getting steeper. All that does is knock us a few inches down the hill...

I agree that are times were comromise is not an option and that there are cases where compromise has been a step backward, when a stalemate and step in niether direction would have been better.

There are times to stand firm on issues, and there are times to compromise and reach agreement. My post was stating that we are racing towards a political climate where every issue is polarized to the point of fierce animosity towards those that aren't on the same side of the issue as you are.

Looks at the recent failur of Congress to pass budgets. While I do certainly agree that there were some things on each side that needed to go, the long and the short of it is neither was willing to compromise, and the net effect was that we're now spending money unchecked based on short term "emergency" funding bills, rather than an approved budget.

Much the same applies to the EPA and OSHA. There are some things both groups have done that are very questionable and suspect in intention. There are also things that both have done that have unarguably made this country better, both from a pollution standpoint and working condition standpoint.

If you don't believe me, you are more than welcome to join me on my next trip to India to see what total lack of organized environmental and work place safety looks like. It is largely up to the ethics and operating principles of the companies that have facilities there to set their own guidelines.

Their coalition government is so fragmented, so disorganized, and so unwilling to work together for a common agenda, that nothing gets done. There are roads literally to no where, untold chemicals running in the rivers, and working conditions that you would never imagine in factories there.

Yes, our government has grown too big and over-reaching, but there are some benefits that have come from several of the programs and agencies that everyone is so quick to throw under the buss as evil agencies set in place only to eventually ruin our country.

Top Bottom