• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    This was exactly my point. Hopefully, the guy gets caught acting stupid before he hurts someone

Giving the Greenwood dispatcher the bennefit of doubt, it's possible he didn't get overly detailed with me (getting more info etc...) because I was the 5th or 6th call about this. There were a lot of people around.... Hopefully the Greenwood PD takes things like this more seriously than this guy appeared to.

They do take it very serious, your guess is likely right that a bunch of people called.......or they had a reasonable amount of info to get OFF the phone with the OP and on the radio with any cars in the area, because speed was of the essence in the OP's post.

If he was the 2nd or 3rd to call, there was likely one dispatcher taking the INFO, and one or two sending it out. Thats how they roll.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hear plates come back as "not on file" from time to time over the scanner. Is that what that means?

Yup. Often due to BMV errors. One year, maybe '09 or so, a lot of leased cars didn't get in the system for some reason. They also had a test database when a new system was being tested and when the new system went online, they forgot to purge the test data. That led to incorrect data and duplicate data.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Signal 23, there is no "brandishing" law, in In. Pointing is illegal, how come so much attention, for a MWAG call? and would the caller, been ok to report a MWAG?

Whitey1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Driving Safety Tip

Person in the black car did not leave himself an escape lane.

Always try to leave yourself a "drive away" when you come to a stop, it could mean changing lanes before you come to the light/sign. Do not let yourself be hemmed in with no escape route. Think ahead.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thanks for the heads up, OP. I live down in Greenwood and see that vehicle frequently, I believe. I've made myself a mental note to not **** off 385AGM and to give myself room when he's around.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Come on guys, he was just hunting humans. Dianne Feinswine says that's what guns are for. If I were in the other vehicle I would've followed old Joe's advice and fired my double barrel through the car door.

Purple very much implied.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Person in the black car did not leave himself an escape lane.

Always try to leave yourself a "drive away" when you come to a stop, it could mean changing lanes before you come to the light/sign. Do not let yourself be hemmed in with no escape route. Think ahead.

Yep, I try to do this when in a high crime area or out late at night.
    Stay alert and be ready to react...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    So what is the point of vehicle registration if the plate numbers can't be run EVERY time? Just a revenue stream for the state?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'll BOLO for that G6, too. By chance, was this a sedan or coupe? Convertible? I swear I've seen a gray G6 hard-top convertable (They have a rather pronounced rear deck lid spoiler) several times (in the past) around Greenwood.

-J-

jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    It was a sedan.

Update------------

My dad spoke with a detective friend from Speedway, who in turn put the "Manger of Dispatch" (I know I got that job title wrong) in touch with my dad. She listened to my 911 recording and compared it to what the dispatcher typed into his computer and said it was spot on, so my thinking he wasn't interested was simply my mistake. I'm sorry for having thought the guy didn't care.
    Also, the "victim" in the black car was on the phone with another dispatcher at the same time as me.
    She told my dad that "it was being handled" obviously they can't give any more info than that.
    At least there's a chance this reject will have to answer for his actions. If he's a LTCH holder, he wont be much longer.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It was a sedan.

Update------------

My dad spoke with a detective friend from Speedway, who in turn put the "Manger of Dispatch" (I know I got that job title wrong) in touch with my dad. She listened to my 911 recording and compared it to what the dispatcher typed into his computer and said it was spot on, so my thinking he wasn't interested was simply my mistake. I'm sorry for having thought the guy didn't care.
    Also, the "victim" in the black car was on the phone with another dispatcher at the same time as me.
    She told my dad that "it was being handled" obviously they can't give any more info than that.
    At least there's a chance this reject will have to answer for his actions. If he's a LTCH holder, he wont be much longer.

A most excellent update, OP.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Indy_Guy, I always see the G6 at either the mall or Meijer on 135. I'm gonna watch the newspaper for any info on this. I know they'd love to report on a guy with a gun arrested.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    It was a sedan.

Update------------

Sound right, good actions and follow up.....reps

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    believe it or not, SOME plates, even if you have the exact #'s and exact letters, in the exact order, and the exact year of issue/experation.......they aren't in the system.

How's that for a frustrating fun fact.

I believe it. My first time renewing my plates in Indiana, I found out that according to their system, the plates on my Ford were supposed to be on my Honda and the plates on my Honda were "never issued by the state of Indiana." They claimed that the Honda was titled, but not registered. The plates matched the registration paperwork I had for their respective car, though. :dunno:

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    That wasn't near Shallo's, was it?

Did any of the people in either car look like any of these? :D
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/3965706-post174.html

In all seriousness, that's pretty intense. I'm glad nobody got hurt. These idiots are making it hard on those of us law abiding gun owners.

No, Shallo's is at US 31 and County Line Road. 135 becomes Meridian Street when you cross County Line Road from Johnson County into Marion County. This took place about a mile south of 135 and County Line.

Top Bottom