• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just before 7:00 last night, my girlfriend, her son and I had turned south onto 135 out of the plaza where Elmore's is located. We pulled behind a small black car, didn't notice what kind it was but it was mildly customized with wheels and tinted windows. The light at Fairview rd was red so we were sitting still. A gray Pontiac G6 4 door with black custom wheels comes rushing from behind the group of cars and weaves into the right turn lane in order to pull up to the right of the small black car. ....His arm is fully extended out the driver's window pointing a mid size handgun into the black car. The black car attempted to take off but due to traffic, was only able to move a few feet. The G6 moved right along with him as if he was taking careful aim..... At this point, my eyes were completely fixated on the pistol as I was fully expecting to see it fired into the black car. Traffic moved slightly allowing the black car enough room to maneuver a u turn in a multi point fassion. While this was happening the moron with the firearm exited his car and kicked the black car just as it sped off.
    I called the greenwood police but the guy I spoke with, seemd less than interested in doing anything. He just said he'd get an officer into the area. Hopefully, they at least made a record of the vehicle description and plate number that I gave them so that if any officer happens to pull this guy over at some point, they have an idea of what type of person they may be dealing with. I'm not sure if it's possible in the police system to simply link info like that to a plate number. I have no Idea how that stuff works.

BOLTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    NE INDY
    The basic info may or may not be entered into a cad system that will appear anytime the plate is ran...but without witnessing the crime...theres little an officer can do...too many punks, too little police officers due to budget concerns....more reason o carry and protect yourself and famy shoukd you need to.

When seconds count, police are minutes away...

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    sounds like an exciting evening.. glad no one was shot at.
    You should have had the girlfriend writing down license plate numbers left and right.. that's most likely why the GPD wasn't very interested, they get little info to work with and it most likely won't do them much good, as there are tons of black and gray cars on 135.

jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    In this particular case it's probably best the other party didn't draw. There were A LOT of people in very close proximity to all of this.

jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    The basic info may or may not be entered into a cad system that will appear anytime the plate is ran...but without witnessing the crime...theres little an officer can do...too many punks, too little police officers due to budget concerns....more reason o carry and protect yourself and famy shoukd you need to.

I know they can't do anything about this particular incident but it would be nice for an officer to know about it during any future interraction with this guy.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

So, someone walking down the street minding his own business but open carrying is enough to call out a swat team, but a report of someone ACTUALLY pointing a firearm is only worthy of a "meh" from the local constabulary?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just before 7:00 last night, my girlfriend, her son and I had turned south onto 135 out of the plaza where Elmore's is located. We pulled behind a small black car, didn't notice what kind it was but it was mildly customized with wheels and tinted windows. The light at Fairview rd was red so we were sitting still. A gray Pontiac G6 4 door with black custom wheels comes rushing from behind the group of cars and weaves into the right turn lane in order to pull up to the right of the small black car. ....His arm is fully extended out the driver's window pointing a mid size handgun into the black car. The black car attempted to take off but due to traffic, was only able to move a few feet. The G6 moved right along with him as if he was taking careful aim..... At this point, my eyes were completely fixated on the pistol as I was fully expecting to see it fired into the black car. Traffic moved slightly allowing the black car enough room to maneuver a u turn in a multi point fassion. While this was happening the moron with the firearm exited his car and kicked the black car just as it sped off.
    I called the greenwood police but the guy I spoke with, seemd less than interested in doing anything. He just said he'd get an officer into the area. Hopefully, they at least made a record of the vehicle description and plate number that I gave them so that if any officer happens to pull this guy over at some point, they have an idea of what type of person they may be dealing with. I'm not sure if it's possible in the police system to simply link info like that to a plate number. I have no Idea how that stuff works.

That wasn't near Shallo's, was it?

Did any of the people in either car look like any of these? :D
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/3965706-post174.html

In all seriousness, that's pretty intense. I'm glad nobody got hurt. These idiots are making it hard on those of us law abiding gun owners.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Seems like you as a witness and the plate # would be probable cause to find the G6 and do a Felony Stop on it. Glad no shootind started.

So, someone walking down the street minding his own business but open carrying is enough to call out a swat team, but a report of someone ACTUALLY pointing a firearm is only worthy of a "meh" from the local constabulary?
    Both of these is what I was thinking

Top Bottom