• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Help ID this Badge on some BAR Bandoliers .. Picked up a couple of 1918 BAR Bandoliers today at a Garage Sale. Do not know if they are Repro or not. They are not marked on the back anywhere. But what got me was that both has this pin placed it one of the flaps.. Anyone see this before??

ve3tjn.jpg

2d9yae1.jpg

2wnb581.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I sifted through my BAR bandolier and web stuff, only have US printed on it. The real early stuff has a metal cup on the side, yours looks old even though it looks to be in great shape. The flaps look smaller than the pockets which is different from mine, have you tried stuffing two BAR mags in the pocket?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I sifted through my BAR bandolier and web stuff, only have US printed on it. The real early stuff has a metal cup on the side, yours looks old even though it looks to be in great shape. The flaps look smaller than the pockets which is different from mine, have you tried stuffing two BAR mags in the pocket?

Have I tried to stuff 2 BAR mags in it??? Ouch that hurts.... Hell, I was doing that on the way home while using my knees to steer the car... (I can still hear the screams of fellow motorists and Pedestrians ) Yes 2 magazines fit quite well..

Last edited:

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    That's a late WW1 equipment tag. They weren't used very long. It was supposed to ID the branch and the space was for the unit info. BTW original stuff... but not seen as much as the other belt with the cup. This would have been issued with the 1918A1 or A2 bar.

Edit: I have seen these in bright brass and darkened, also with a ring back or solid like this one.
    Also this was infantry. I have seen chem corps, air corps, engineers, quartermaster, artillery, medical, cavalry and signal corps.
    It was just a way to supposedly keep track of items in service.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have I tried to stuff 2 BAR mags in it??? Ouch that hurts.... Hell, I was doing that on the way home while using my knees to steer the car... (I can still hear the screams of fellow motorists and Pedestrians ) Yes 2 magazines fit quite well..

Had to ask.;)

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    That's a late WW1 equipment tag. They weren't used very long. It was supposed to ID the branch and the space was for the unit info. BTW original stuff... but not seen as much as the other belt with the cup. This would have been issued with the 1918A1 or A2 bar.

Edit: I have seen these in bright brass and darkened, also with a ring back or solid like this one.
    Also this was infantry. I have seen chem corps, air corps, engineers, quartermaster, artillery, medical, cavalry and signal corps.
    It was just a way to supposedly keep track of items in service.

Many Many Tanks... Fantastic, have never seen these before,

and example of Ring Backs
    https://stewartsmilitaryantiques.com/us-wwi-medical-pouch-infantry-equipment-tag.25385.archive.htm

https://picclick.com/US-Army-Infantry-equipment-unit-mark-ID-discs-302385830649.html

https://stewartsmilitaryantiques.co...ch-equipment-tag-mills-1918.33695.archive.htm

Top Bottom