• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    Can someone tell me how it's racists or unconstitutional to have to show an ID to vote? I have to show an ID to get alcohol, tobacco, fly on a plane, drive a car.....etc. I know some people will say since it's in the constitution those rights can't be hindered in anyway. But on the other hand, those same people have no problems with me having to show my ID, do a background check and a waiting period to get a firearm. Show my ID and do another background check to carry said firearm.

ninepntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2019
    Newton co
    You also cannot buy a simple over the counter decongestant like Sudafed, Claritin-D, Allegra-D.
    Without an ID.

Also got a tooth pulled, need an ID to pick
    up your Tylenol#3 or Vicodin.

All About Control as said before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The argument is that it's a poll tax and black Americans are typically more affected by poll taxes.

Due to the utter ubiquity of ID in modern society I am not particularly swayed by this argument.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Any ID required for voting should have zero fee. It is a poll tax if the required ID has fees associated with it. You should be able to get this ID at the polling place so that no extra expense is required in the firm of trips to obtain the ID.

Voting rules should always make it easier for people to vote legally and should be made to empower as many as possible to vote.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Any arguments against voter ID put forward by the communists, are facetious at best.

There is nothing incorrect, or unreasonable, regarding the state requiring a voter to substantiate that they are a citizen and are on the roles of eligible voters. To do anything less is to compromise the validity of the election and its integrity.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Voter ID sure seems important when it's time to fire a democrat, eh?

Doesn't the same crowd want your vaccine passport to be mandatory for entry into places?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Why should anyone have to pay a fee to exercise the right to vote? Requiring an ID that has a fee is paying to vote. Make the ID free and with an easy process to get. Accept existing proof of ID when possible. Don't make people have to jump through hoops months ahead of time. Make whatever system you have for getting the ID efficient, no waiting to receive the ID.

If any of those arguments sound familiar that's because they have alll been put forward regarding the right to bear arms. Just as you shouldn't need a license or pay a fee to exercise your right to keep and bear arms you shouldn't need a license to vote.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    ...If you do not possess an ID that is acceptable for voting purposes, Public Law 109-2005 requires the BMV to issue an Indiana State ID Card for free...

That's Indiana. It should be that way anywhere that an ID is required to vote.

Also the state should provide help to those with no transportation to get to the BMV to apply for the ID. If it's required to vote it needs to be easily obtained at NO COST to the voter.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Why should anyone have to pay a fee to exercise the right to vote? Requiring an ID that has a fee is paying to vote. Make the ID free and with an easy process to get. Accept existing proof of ID when possible. Don't make people have to jump through hoops months ahead of time. Make whatever system you have for getting the ID efficient, no waiting to receive the ID.

If any of those arguments sound familiar that's because they have alll been put forward regarding the right to bear arms. Just as you shouldn't need a license or pay a fee to exercise your right to keep and bear arms you shouldn't need a license to vote.
    But you should need to be a citizen and resident of the precinct in which you vote. And you should be precluded from voting multiple times and in multiple precincts.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Did she vote, travel, by prescriptions, etc or did she use some other form of I.D.??
    She had no ID, she does not drive and stuff like perscriptions were always picked up by a family member with no issues. She's lived in the same house since 1966 and used the same businesses for her needs for most of those years. She only got a state issued ID when she finally got an airplane years after her husband died. I have no idea if she voted regularly, but everyone at her polling place probably knew her.

But you should need to be a citizen and resident of the precinct in which you vote. And you should be precluded from voting multiple times and in multiple precincts.
    I agree, but the issue is that anything required to vote should place the absolute minimum burden on the citizen. It should be as easy as possible for people to vote. Voting should be encouraged.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Where does it say the "right" to vote shall not be infringed outside a couple of specific reasons, age/sex/race/etc?
    That's Indiana. It should be that way anywhere that an ID is required to vote.

Also the state should provide help to those with no transportation to get to the BMV to apply for the ID. If it's required to vote it needs to be easily obtained at NO COST to the voter.
    I believe it is the case in every state that requires an ID. It's one of the reasons that IN voter ID law was found to be constitutional by SCOTUS.

If they can't get to the BMV, how can they get to the polls? Should the state provide transportation to them as well?
    I agree, but the issue is that anything required to vote should place the absolute minimum burden on the citizen. It should be as easy as possible for people to vote. Voting should be encouraged.
    May have to disagree a bit, IMO a person should have to put forth some effort to vote. Again IMO the push to have everyone vote is part of the reason the country is in the shape it's in.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My mother-in-law had no state issued ID until her husband passed in 2003, so not as ubiquitous as you think.
    I thought all adults were required to have a state-issued photo ID just because. I also thought that a simple state-issued photo ID could be had free of charge...

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The argument is that it's a poll tax and black Americans are typically more affected by poll taxes.

Due to the utter ubiquity of ID in modern society I am not particularly swayed by this argument.
    Pole tax... I thought they said pole cat!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I thought it was the law that anyone who lives in this state has to have a ID.
    So your ok with your mom breaking the law?
    Not that I've ever heard.
    I thought all adults were required to have a state-issued photo ID just because. I also thought that a simple state-issued photo ID could be had free of charge...
    You can get a free ID, but it's only valid for voting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Funny thing, is all these do-gooder democrat politicians, many white, claim that its hard for the black folk to get an ID so they would be disenfranchised.

Yet I've seen multiple man on the street interviews asking those same black folk questions, and they are all 100% "Whaaaaaaa? Are you crazy? Of COURSE I have ID. Why would you ask me that? Do I know anyone that doesnt? Of course not."

How racist is it of those in power to assume that they dont have one and cant get one because its too hard?

Top Bottom