• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Both of you I suppose. I was just pointing out that Disorderly Conduct was not a charge that would be appropriate in this situation.

I know it is not appropriate.
    I was pointing that part of the video out.
    I'm pretty sure it has been tried before, and ruled on in court.

What legal authority or RAS does he have to stop someone that is carrying a rifle?

Rhetorical? Cause his legal authority is he can do it. At least in his mind. And he's right, unless someone stops him.
    If something isn't done, then it will continue.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    After all of these incidents you'd think PDs would have learned that this was legal activity and that their opinions are unwanted and are not the law.

Further more, why aren't the people calling this in charged for abuse of 911?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After all of these incidents you'd think PDs would have learned that this was legal activity and that their opinions are unwanted and are not the law.

Further more, why aren't the people calling this in charged for abuse of 911?

They won't learn, as long as they can get away with it.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    IMO this **** is going to turn our LCTH into a CCW. Carry how you see fit.

An officer receives a call, he goes out and asks for ID. The ID check verifies a felon or non-felon, and you can be on your way. While I understand our rights, I also understand that the officer is trying to fulfill the duty of his call. It's illegal to carry a handgun without a LTCH. It's illegal to possess a firearm being a felon. Simply checking on the legality of me to have a firearm on my person (doing his job per se) is the question at hand. Do you comply and give name and DOB, or do you show a LTCH to get the whole process stopped when the license check comes back?

IMO, constitutional carry and full reinstatement of rights for felons would be the best way to solve this issue. Everyone has their rights in tact and no one has to infringe upon them.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    I appreciate what these guys are trying to do, sticking up for their rights and all, but they need to be more prepared. Learn and memorize IC you will need to know during situations like this. Dont coward down to the officers.

Hopefully, the next time they will be more prepared. These officers will do this again, they left this situation thinking they were right. We have to make sure we let them KNOW they are wrong. Knowing the indiana codes can be your best friend in times like this.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Someone needs to go to his Facebook and tell him to come on this site and get informed. He could have done a lot better defending his rights. Some of the things that were said on both sides in the video just made me laugh...

Top Bottom