• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    My wife and I were at a local burger eatery having a steakburger & shake. When I stood to put my jacket on, my Taurus 709 poked its muzzle out from under my shirt. An older gentleman , sitting a booth away with his wife, asked if I was carrying a gun. I instantly thought: What kind of crap is this anti-gun nut going to give me! Well, to my surprise, this gentleman stated that he and his lovely bride were armed. He then proceeded to put a nylon holster from his pants containing small revolver. I stated that from what I saw of his gun that it was a S&W model 36. He stated that he was not sure and preceded to remove the gun from the holster holding it somewhere about shoulder height above the table. I must say that he held it in a safe manner (pointed in a safe direction with his finger no where near the trigger). My biggest thought was that a employee or some other customer would see the weapon and start a stampede toward the door while calling 911.
    After the gentleman returned this revolver to wherever it came from, we had a nice conversation (firearms related) before leaving. However, I was just postive a dozen squad cars were going to pull up while we were talking.

Last edited:

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    No offense, but I have nothing good to say here other than it's nice to see others excersizing their rights.

I just wish some would use commmon sense when doing it though.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    No offense, but I have nothing good to say here other than it's nice to see others excersizing their rights.

^This. A holstered firearm is much safer than one being pulled out, fiddled with, displayed and then reholstered.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    People flashin' their pistols around again. If I see another person carrying, SSDD, no reason to inject myself into their lives or vice versa. I absolutely hate when another gun nut goes nuts and wants to know what I am carrying. WTF is it to you? Go about your business and I will stay on mine. Heck, I don't know you from Adam, who is to say you are seeing if I am armed to see if I am a viable target? Keep the gun nerdery/show and tell hour for the range, not local diner.

People pullin' guns out to show 'em off, cmon! That's how accidents happen. Doesn't matter what direction, it's fiddlin' with a piece of weapon, that's how accidents start. :twocents:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

Nothing against you personally, but I hear this "common sense" clause come up quite often. What is the definition of common sense? Who determines what constitutes common sense? To be honest, I am greatly afraid of those who choose to condition the 2nd amendment with this supposed "common sense."

This is what the anti-gun crowd uses to push their agenda. Common sense would believe that the police are there to protect you. Common sense believes that you dont need an "assault rifle" for home defense or hunting. Common sense believes that you should have "sufficient training" before you can exercise your rights. Do you see where the "common sense" road leads?

In the OP, I didnt necessarily see a problem. Does my gun leave its holster? Nope. But the older guy followed the 4 rules. Should he stop coonfingering his gun? Probably. But I never read in the 2nd amendment that the right to keep and bear arms while using common sense shall not be infringed.

Again, nothing personal, just my .02.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Common sense is not brandishing a firearm in a restaurant just to show alliance to a stranger that you are also an LTCH holder.

My version would have went like this....

Me.." Hello Sir. Are you carrying a gun?" Pig's response.. " Why yes, yes I am Sir"

Me... "Cool, nice to meet ya :yesway:"

End. :D

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Among singles this whole show me your gun thing could be an innovative icebreaker. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is what the anti-gun crowd uses to push their agenda. Common sense would believe that the police are there to protect you. Common sense believes that you dont need an "assault rifle" for home defense or hunting. Common sense believes that you should have "sufficient training" before you can exercise your rights. Do you see where the "common sense" road leads?

In the OP, I didnt necessarily see a problem. Does my gun leave its holster? Nope. But the older guy followed the 4 rules. Should he stop coonfingering his gun? Probably. But I never read in the 2nd amendment that the right to keep and bear arms while using common sense shall not be infringed.

Again, nothing personal, just my .02.

I have yet to meet any of the anti-gun crowd that had any common sense whatsoever. And they can easily be shown for fools with as few simple questions.

Common sense is not pulling your gun out to show it off in a crowded place. Going unarmed in a society that is full of unrest in NOT an example of common sense.

Schwartzki

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yikes, pulling a gun out in public...Not something I would ever do, unless I was intending on using it. There is a reason why police only draw their weapons during a threat.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    People flashin' their pistols around again. If I see another person carrying, SSDD, no reason to inject myself into their lives or vice versa. I absolutely hate when another gun nut goes nuts and wants to know what I am carrying. WTF is it to you? Go about your business and I will stay on mine. Heck, I don't know you from Adam, who is to say you are seeing if I am armed to see if I am a viable target? Keep the gun nerdery/show and tell hour for the range, not local diner.

People pullin' guns out to show 'em off, cmon! That's how [STRIKE]accidents[/STRIKE] negligent discharges happen. Doesn't matter what direction, it's fiddlin' with a piece of weapon, that's how [STRIKE]accidents[/STRIKE] negligent situations start. :twocents:

FIFY

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The guy was probably considering killing you right there in the restaurant, but thought better of it since there would be witnesses. Shoulda roundhoused him in the face as he was reaching for the weapon. Use it as a learning experience!

Top Bottom