• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I just bought my first revolver (heck, my first handgun) a couple of months ago. It's a Smith&Wesson Model 60 .357 Magnum. It's a 5 shot J-frame with a 3" barrel. I've only shot this gun a few times but I love the way it feels in my hand and how it shoots. Being an all stainless frame it has enough heft to help handle the recoil of the .357 round but is small enough with the shorter barrel to carry in the right holster. It shoots real easy with .38 special ammo. I've bought three guns since then (one not pictured below - a Ruger LCP pocket gun) and like them all for various reasons (especially the XD - oooooh, love the XD :D) but the trusty revolver will for now be the go-to gun in a specially designed "holster" within easy reach attached to my bed.
    Here is a link to a good review on this gun:
    Smith & Wesson Model 60-15 3-inch Barrel J-frame Revolver in .357 Magnum
    100_5969-1.jpg

Last edited:

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    A big +1 for the Ruger single six with interchangable cylinder. Another up side is that they are not real expensive for the quality gun that they are. The next revolver I would add is a .357 S+W OR Ruger. To save money when practicing, use .38 rounds. Stay with the 4 inch barrel and the .357 makes a fine mid sized carry piece. My personal favorite for a 4 inch .357 is the colt trooper. The only reason I dont recommend it is because they are expensive and a little hard to find.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Nice carry gun

If you are looking for a multi purpose revolver check the auction sites for a Rossi 877. I have had this for 12 years and it was my CC for ten. It is chambered for .357mag and you can shoot 38 specials for practice. It is well made, fairly accurate for such a short barrel and fits the hand great.

picture.php

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    price for Rossi

I like the Rossi, what would you guess I should pay for something like that used? The Rossi if I run accross one???? R

I have seen them on GunBroker.com from $150 to $175 in good condition. Taurus who bought Rossi has a similar revolver but it is more than double and personally I think the Rossi is better built.

Dick

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My wife owns "The Judge" and it has been a great revolver. The versatility of the 410 rounds make it very interesting. I find the 000 buckshot load to be an impressive defense round.

One person posted a link to the site calling itself "The Box o' Truth" and it shows a test of the judge. I suggest that their test has very limited validity unless you are training to defend yourself and family from one gallon water jugs gone awry.

For plinking I agree with the many comments on going with a .22LR. The judge in 45LC or 410 is not suitable for shooting many rounds unless you have more money than you know what to do with. As many suggested I think that the Ruger Single Six would be a great choice, there are many double action revolvers that would be great too.

Best regards,

Terry

Top Bottom