• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I bet it would take fewer than you think. 48 would be my guess. 12 tiles, 4 rounds each timber.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'll guess in the other direction. Hundreds. A round or 50, even from something 'notable' like the .50 BMG, is unlikely to knock down that tower. Just my :twocents:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I've seen bulldozer take out a bunch and the thing was still standing…..sure would be fun. I think my M1 Garand and some of my AP ammo would make shorter work out of it, probablly go through both sides. That would be a fun day of shooting right there.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am wondering what is behind it too. I remember seeing it in the other thread when we talked about this! Can you really shoot it a bunch without worry?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    It is very easy to take that down with one shot, the trick is to use a sledge hammer to start removing bricks, when it is very unstable you fire the shot to pop the last brick and it will fall right down.

I have seen many men use a sledge hammer to take them down and they landed it right where they wanted.

Using a bullet instead of a sledge is the only difference on that last block.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What's behind it?? We could poke at it with my 50 cal :-)

I am wondering what is behind it too. I remember seeing it in the other thread when we talked about this! Can you really shoot it a bunch without worry?

Nothing for over a mile but open farm fields. Sorry I didnt answer that in my other post......this is the same silo I was asking about.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    As long and you got the $$ for ammo, shoot way. 3.50 to 5 bucks a pop though. I usually shoot it 10-15 times a range trip.

Nothing for over a mile but open farm fields. Sorry I didnt answer that in my other post......this is the same silo I was asking about.

I'd feel better if there were a hill or a woods behind it. 50bmg will go a mile. i couldn;t purposely hit something but just my luck I would.
    Make friends with someone who owns their own Oerlikon or Bofors.
    That would be sweet!!

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    You really think someone would want them? What if they are hurt ony property taking it down!?

Top Bottom