I Thought Military Members Speaking Out Was Good???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Honestly, that was a pretty positive result. Brass looking to hammer him to the wall.
    I'd say so, since he's not finishing his 20 and getting out I don't see any reason he couldn't just transition to the Reserves? Keep the tricare and finish out his last three or more and get a retirement out of it.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I was just sure that everyone thought that Lt. Col. Vindman speaking out against a sitting President was just hunky dory...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-afghanistan-slapped-5000-dock-pay-reprimand/

Ff&j
    UCMJ Article 88 is the ticket:

The MCM states any service member may be prosecuted under Article 88 (Contempt Toward Officials) if they use “contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present.”

In order to be prosecuted under Article 88, the prosecution must prove:

1. the accused was a commissioned officer of the U.S. armed forces;
    2. the accused used certain words against an official or legislature named in the article;
    3. that by an act of the accused these words came to the knowledge of a person other than the accused; and
    4. that the words used were contemptuous, either in themselves or by virtue of the circumstances under which they were used.
    If the words were used against a Governor or legislature, the prosecution must also prove that the accused was then present in the State, Commonwealth, or possession of the Governor or legislature concerned.

During the Clinton Admin Art 88 was read the the troops 6-8 times in formation and for the Obama Admin I lost count. I was in 8 years active duty split between EM and Officer and what Vindman said in Congress I wouldn't even among trusted friends brouch this type of topic.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Last edited:
    Top Bottom