• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police have arrested a Bloomington man who led officers on a chase and allegedly rammed his truck into a couple.

The incident happened around 10 p.m. on Saturday. Deputies were sent to a shots fired call on Candlewood Circle in southern Vigo County.

There, a man told them a red truck had been following him and his female passenger. Once the man pulled into his driveway, he told deputies he noticed the truck sitting in the roadway.

The man told police the truck rammed into the him after he got out of vehicle, hitting him and the vehicle. After being hit, the man said he pulled out a gun and shot at the truck's driver.

The driver, later identified as Dustin L. Roecker, 35, of Bloomington, Ind., then fled the scene on foot. Police said Roecker was able to steal a vehicle after leaving the scene of the crash.

Indiana State Police identified the suspect and started a pursuit a short time later. Officers were able to catch Roecker in Sullivan County.

Roecker was taken to a local hospital for non life-threatening gunshot wounds he suffered following the crash in southern Vigo County. Deputies determined Roecker was under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

The man who was hit by the truck was taken to the hospital with leg injuries. His female passenger, who was in the vehicle, was also taken to the hospital for minor injuries.

Dustin Roecker
    66254093d27c0.image.jpg

Dustin Roecker, 35, of Bloomington, Ind.

Police don't think Roecker had previous relationships or interactions with the man or woman, but said the investigation continues.

Roecker is currently being charged with attempted murder, criminal recklessness, resisting law enforcement, and auto theft.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    The comments at reddit are hilarious, the thread was titled Jealous lover or Meth bender as the OP didn't know the context. The comments are hilarious

- He wasn’t mething around
    - “He methed around and found out” -Mike Tyson-
    - Not sure if meth is involved but I think I saw some crack at the end
    - God damn drive by rapists!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    So THAT'S what all those sirens I heard were about...

Granted, it was a busy night in the Haute on Sat night apparently. Lots of sirens...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That guy driving the corvette certainly is quick on his feet. I don't see where he has time to get around the car and then get back up and start shooting.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did the receiving team get flipped over his own car? Am I see this right? What a drawstroke.

Of course he shouldn't have backed into the car, but, damn, having the presence of mind to draw and fire while being flipped onto your own car hood. Incredible.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Did the receiving team get flipped over his own car? Am I see this right? What a drawstroke.

Of course he shouldn't have backed into the car, but, damn, having the presence of mind to draw and fire while being flipped onto your own car hood. Incredible.
    That’s called the Corvette drill. You draw and fire as you are being flipped into a Corvette. It’s the latest tactical coolness.

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    He started drawing at around 0:17 and then jumps up and backward right before being hit. By the time he was hit, he already had the pistol in hand and started shooting shortly thereafter.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It seems the dirt bag has felony charges going back to 7-2013, 5 in total. You’d think he would be in jail by now. Or does he actually have to take an innocent life first? I could be mistaken but I don’t think I am.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It seems the dirt bag has felony charges going back to 7-2013, 5 in total. You’d think he would be in jail by now. Or does he actually have to take an innocent life first? I could be mistaken but I don’t think I am.
    This is my shocked face.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Roecker is currently being charged with attempted murder, criminal recklessness, resisting law enforcement, and auto theft.

He ought to face charges for that weak facial hair, as well.

Top Bottom