• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They are up pricing everything, bikes, trucks, golf equipment. Sold some bikes that would have sold for Glock 19 price in 2018 for more than a Glock 19 now.
    That's true, through the pandemic weight plates were ridiculous where it used to be you'd just try to give them away, I just recently was able to get some 40lb kettlebells.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Back in the late 70's, the Nylon 66 was thought to be a cheep trashy low quality rifle. Now they are selling at stupid high prices.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Back in the late 70's, the Nylon 66 was thought to be a cheep trashy low quality rifle. Now they are selling at stupid high prices.
    Or, this may be partially due to devaluation of the dollar. Fifty years of government spending can do that. How much has a bottle of pop gone up over that period of time?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just picked up one of these at the Seymour gun show a month or so ago. There were several at the show that were as much as the one in the OP, and a couple even higher. The one I got was so much cheaper than the others (and just as nice) that I didn't even try to dicker with the seller. I'd wanted one since I was a kid, so it was more or less a nostalgic buy for me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    I just picked up one of these at the Seymour gun show a month or so ago. There were several at the show that were as much as the one in the OP, and a couple even higher. The one I got was so much cheaper than the others (and just as nice) that I didn't even try to dicker with the seller. I'd wanted one since I was a kid, so it was more or less a nostalgic buy for me.
    Then, well done! I'm glad you found something that you wanted at a price you were willing to pay. I'm certainly not against anyone selling something at any price someone else is willing to pay. God bless capitalism and free enterprise. I was just shocked to see that a cheap rifle I bought as a kid and still have is now bringing that kind of money!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Then, well done! I'm glad you found something that you wanted at a price you were willing to pay. I'm certainly not against anyone selling something at any price someone else is willing to pay. God bless capitalism and free enterprise. I was just shocked to see that a cheap rifle I bought as a kid and still have is now bringing that kind of money!
    I checked the GB completed auctions when I got home from the show, and I did pretty well. Most of them were selling for $400 and up IIRC.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I checked the GB completed auctions when I got home from the show, and I did pretty well. Most of them were selling for $400 and up IIRC.
    So the whole dang thread, stating "people have lost their minds" is based on the price paid when you were a kid? I would like to offer to buy your house for the price someone paid when you were a kid. In fact, just to be fair I will give you your money back on ANY purchase made before 2018. LOL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    So the whole dang thread, stating "people have lost their minds" is based on the price paid when you were a kid? I would like to offer to buy your house for the price someone paid when you were a kid. In fact, just to be fair I will give you your money back on ANY purchase made before 2018. LOL
    Well setting the snark aside for a moment. No, it is not based on what I paid as a kid. It was I thought fairly well posed in my simple question in the OP. I was simply surprised that a ratty 66 is now bringing that kind of money. Nothing more than that. Especially when there were brand new semi autos in the rack next to it for a lot less money.

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    Saw this for a very rough looking Nylon 66 at one of my favorite crack houses. Wowsers. I'm glad I bought mine new for less than $80 back in the day. Are people actually paying this kind of money?
    Agreed that’s quite pricey! Seems like freshly increased price tags at the shows and the shops is normal currently. Supply/demand combined with some lingering panic pricing perhaps? We’ve seen it before and hope things stabilize in time... quality out of production guns sure won’t lose value but I hope to see prices more reasonable.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Might I propose a thread title like "Can't believe what my $80 gun sells for now".

Why are "people out of their minds"?
    Ok. I agree the title may have been a little over the top. I think I may have been projecting a little. As I mentioned up thread if someone can find what they want at a price they are willing to pay, that's a win-win. I was just shocked that, that particular rifle was going for 5 bills.
    Can we still be friends?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok. I agree the title may have been a little over the top. I think I may have been projecting a little. As I mentioned up thread if someone can find what they want at a price they are willing to pay, that's a win-win. I was just shocked that, that particular rifle was going for 5 bills.
    Can we still be friends?
    We were always friends. LOL

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    A 66, even a rough one, hasn't been a $100 gun in a long, long time.
    I am definitely not up to date on the 66 collectors market. Just not interested in them. Especially at the prices they must be fetching.

I guess if people are paying 2-3 hundred dollars for a box of primers nothing should be a surprise anymore.

Top Bottom