• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    Saw this for a very rough looking Nylon 66 at one of my favorite crack houses. Wowsers. I'm glad I bought mine new for less than $80 back in the day. Are people actually paying this kind of money?

Attachments

• 20210417_093558.jpg
      20210417_093558.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 323

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    Lost their minds, yeah , pretty much, but they have went way up in value. I see them at $400. to $450 pretty regularly but they are in much better condition. I had one in black and chrome way back with a lever action. I wish I still had it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    "collectible" is a loaded term.

A very nice older gentleman offered me much more than an old Winchester was worth because he just liked old Winchesters.

It's not crazy if someone is willing to pay it.

There's a lot of those people on GB, prices on old Winchesters are higher than I've ever seen.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    So shotguns are magically going to appear soon to meet demand? We have an entire thread devoted to just how much shotguns have gone up...

Uhh... I don’t know anything about magic shotguns. I was only referring to that one nylon 66 that is priced at about 5 times it’s actual value. In my own opinion of course. Everything is somewhat subjective including gun prices.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    So shotguns are magically going to appear soon to meet demand? We have an entire thread devoted to just how much shotguns have gone up.

Uhh... I don’t know anything about magic shotguns. I was only referring to that one nylon 66 that is priced at about 5 times it’s actual value. In my own opinion of course. Everything is somewhat subjective including gun prices.
    No giving the MSM any ideas...they jumped on the 'ghost guns'. Don't let them start talking about 'magic shotguns'

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    You know how WWII movies increased the prices of Garands. and 1911's, and M-1 Carbines?.... well because of the movie "Into The Wild" where the dumbass went into the Alaska interior really unprepared... he had a Nylon 66..... must be because of that movie......But the movie did have Hal Holbrook, and aside from his liberal politics was an amazing actor, and married to the head lady from Designing Women, who was very pretty.....so... must be that......

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You know how WWII movies increased the prices of Garands. and 1911's, and M-1 Carbines?.... well because of the movie "Into The Wild" where the dumbass went into the Alaska interior really unprepared... he had a Nylon 66..... must be because of that movie......But the movie did have Hal Holbrook, and aside from his liberal politics was an amazing actor, and married to the head lady from Designing Women, who was very pretty.....so... must be that......
    Not the first time TV or movies have popularized a particular gun, Dirty Harry and Rick Grimes, I'm looking at you... LOL

Top Bottom