• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I recieved this 2 line e mail today...... Read, and comment, please....

We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few Lunatics.

BUT

We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few Lunatics.....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I recieved this 2 line e mail today...... Read, and comment, please....

We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few Lunatics.

BUT

We are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few Lunatics.....

While two groups are addressed in your e-mail, it seems that it is commonplace for this double-standard to be widely employed. Similarly, we are expected to believe that Republicans including and especially Bush and Cheney are inherently evil to using the military in foreign engagements of questionable necessity, but it is perfectly acceptable, even commendable, for Obama to do likewise (even in the obvious aid of our enemies with no defensible purpose whatsoever).

As for the e-mail, I reserve the right to distrust and seek measures to protect myself and others from those who subscribe to a religious text that demands my subjugation and/or extermination. I will not engage in discussion of past wrongs going both ways. I simply don't give a damn. I do give a damn about living to die of natural causes one of these days, and refusing to acknowledge that a certain demographic holds a religious objection to my existence in the name of political correctness is not conducive to that goal. I would also apply the same concerns to assorted common criminals and leftists who would impose a police state in which people like me would be treated like the terrorists that the DHS's documents declare us to be. Enemies foreign and domestic seldom rest and only a fool would allow himself to be absorbed in denial of this fact. In the case at hand, it isn't a matter of religion so much as a matter of a particular demographic openly declaring itself hostile and acting on that hostility in tangible ways (like blowing up or otherwise killing people not part of their demographic) which can be denied only by a willful liar (attempts by apologists to justify terrorism notwithstanding).

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    8fU18fHryGt5MAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It's a simple case of reverse reasoning.
    Decide on your conclusion and invent reasons to support it.

Example: Everything is Bush's fault.
    Reasoning: Obama cannot get support from Europe for a missile strike against Syria. It must be because they don't trust American intelligence gathering because Bush said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and none were found when the troops went in.
    This ignores the facts that all western intelligence agencies were convinced that Saddam Hussein had the weapons and that one of his defecting generals stated they had moved them to Syria before the invasion.
    Who got them in Syria? Was it the government or Al-Qaeda? Or, did everybody get some? No one knows.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's a simple case of reverse reasoning.
    Decide on your conclusion and invent reasons to support it.

Example: Everything is Bush's fault.
    Reasoning: Obama cannot get support from Europe for a missile strike against Syria. It must be because they don't trust American intelligence gathering because Bush said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and none were found when the troops went in.
    This ignores the facts that all western intelligence agencies were convinced that Saddam Hussein had the weapons and that one of his defecting generals stated they had moved them to Syria before the invasion.

Who got them in Syria? Was it the government or Al-Qaeda? Or, did everybody get some? No one knows.

It also ignores that we did in fact capture a significant store of yellowcake uranium which was subsequently transferred to a Canadian energy company as reported by that bastion of right-wing extremism ABC News.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    While two groups are addressed in your e-mail, it seems that it is commonplace for this double-standard to be widely employed. Similarly, we are expected to believe that Republicans including and especially Bush and Cheney are inherently evil to using the military in foreign engagements of questionable necessity, but it is perfectly acceptable, even commendable, for Obama to do likewise (even in the obvious aid of our enemies with no defensible purpose whatsoever).

As for the e-mail, I reserve the right to distrust and seek measures to protect myself and others from those who subscribe to a religious text that demands my subjugation and/or extermination. I will not engage in discussion of past wrongs going both ways. I simply don't give a damn. I do give a damn about living to die of natural causes one of these days, and refusing to acknowledge that a certain demographic holds a religious objection to my existence in the name of political correctness is not conducive to that goal. I would also apply the same concerns to assorted common criminals and leftists who would impose a police state in which people like me would be treated like the terrorists that the DHS's documents declare us to be. Enemies foreign and domestic seldom rest and only a fool would allow himself to be absorbed in denial of this fact. In the case at hand, it isn't a matter of religion so much as a matter of a particular demographic openly declaring itself hostile and acting on that hostility in tangible ways (like blowing up or otherwise killing people not part of their demographic) which can be denied only by a willful liar (attempts by apologists to justify terrorism notwithstanding).
    JMHO, OUTSTANDING !!!!! I tried to rep., you, but I have to spread it around ..... Thank You !!!!!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    NO, NOT at ALL !!!!! Just comparing two different groups of people .....

You are...but there WILL be that one person that WILL derail the thread and turn it into a religious discussion, thus getting the thread locked.

Top Bottom