I OCed in Walmart. This was spawned in another thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../391702-have-you-ever-bought-gun-walmart.html

I am not proud to admit that I got into firearms from video games. I used to play a lot of MW3. I really wanted a Glock as a result. I annoyed the crap out of my wife that I wanted to buy one. She told me once, if you say "Glock" one more time I am leaving. I shut up.

A few months later her old man invited me down to his place to shoot his sig 45. I shot it and said it was nice. That day he took me to a LGS to hold a few guns. Fell in love with the G21. Wanted to buy it on the spot but he talked me out of it. Next week happens and I am at his place again. He has me shoot his sig again, I turn around to reload and he says try this one. Hands me a G21. I said you don't like glocks. He said I know. I said then why do you own one?

He said I don't you do. So I came to own a G21.

Walmart story:

I did a **** ton of research, part of it on ingo. I read the sticky thread about open carry and it make a lot of sense to me. So my first experience carrying a gun in public was OC....at the local wally world.

I was pretty nervous but went through with it. About 15 min in I got bored following the wife and went to the ammo counter. Some random woman was there with her kid in a stroller. She walked up to me and said "is that safe?"

I said "what are you talking about". She said, "that gun, what if my daughter grabs it?" I was new at OC and still a bit nervous but I spat out, "did you teach your daughter to grab cop's guns?" She responded with "are you a cop?" I said no. She said "Is it on lock down?" I said "What the **** is Lock Down" She said "that gun". I said I am sure your child can't get this gun away from me, what would make you think that?.

At this point the mother (the father was mad dogging me the whole time but didn't say anything) turned to the guy behind the walmart gun counter and said "can he carry that way?" The guy looked at me and turned to her and said yes. She huffed.

From that point on the small family followed my wife and I through walmart while we picked out some socks, a bra for the wife and right up to the registers. The kept peeking around corners as if they were spies and rushing away when we looked at her or them. She wandered off and I lost her while waiting in line.

Someone in the link above asked for my first OC experience. There it is :). I didn't want to interrupt the thread.

Make sure to keep your EDC on "lock down".

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../391702-have-you-ever-bought-gun-walmart.html

I am not proud to admit that I got into firearms from video games. I used to play a lot of MW3. I really wanted a Glock as a result. I annoyed the crap out of my wife that I wanted to buy one. She told me once, if you say "Glock" one more time I am leaving. I shut up.

A few months later her old man invited me down to his place to shoot his sig 45. I shot it and said it was nice. That day he took me to a LGS to hold a few guns. Fell in love with the G21. Wanted to buy it on the spot but he talked me out of it. Next week happens and I am at his place again. He has me shoot his sig again, I turn around to reload and he says try this one. Hands me a G21. I said you don't like glocks. He said I know. I said then why do you own one?

Walmart story:

I did a **** ton of research, part of it on ingo. I read the sticky thread about open carry and it make a lot of sense to me. So my first experience carrying a gun in public was OC....at the local wally world.

I was pretty nervous but went through with it. About 15 min in I got bored following the wife and went to the ammo counter. Some random woman was there with her kid in a stroller. She walked up to me and said "is that safe?"

I said "what are you talking about". She said, "that gun, what if my daughter grabs it?" I was new at OC and still a bit nervous but I spat out, "did you teach your daughter to grab cop's guns?" She responded with "are you a cop?" I said no. She said "Is it on lock down?" I said "What the **** is Lock Down" She said "that gun". I said I am sure your child can't get this gun away from me, what would make you think that?.

At this point the mother (the father was mad dogging me the whole time but didn't say anything) turned to the guy behind the walmart gun counter and said "can he carry that way?" The guy looked at me and turned to her and said yes. She huffed.

From that point on the small family followed my wife and I through walmart while we picked out some socks, a bra for the wife and right up to the registers. The kept peeking around corners as if they were spies and rushing away when we looked at her or them. She wandered off and I lost her while waiting in line.

Someone in the link above asked for my first OC experience. There it is :). I didn't want to interrupt the thread.

"I am not proud to admit that I got into firearms from video games."
    Whatever worked.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Walmart story:

My response to her statement would have been.....Glock, Glock, Glock, Glock, Glock.

JMHO and no knock on your choice of partners.

Brings back memory's of a very pretty girl friend that said "You like that car more than me"..........I sure missed her after that................:):

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I said "what are you talking about". She said, "that gun, what if my daughter grabs it?"

I'm not pc so at that point I would have said. Slap her into next Tuesday.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    People are stupid. I'm still waiting for someone to make a comment like this since I OC most of the time and usually have my family with me. So far the only comments I've gotten have been positive.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thanks for posting. Love the story.

I know what you mean about being nervous when carrying. I'm not sure that I've ever OCd anywhere public except maybe Bradis. My usual method for going around Bloomington is what I call HACC, half-@$$-CC. I just drape a shirt over it and don't worry about printing. I'm not afraid of people saying something, I just don't feel that I'm well versed enough to deal with a cop that doesn't know his laws.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It is strange when they're scared but still come after you.
    I've seen this a few times but once a lady getting right in this OCers face. I couldn't believe it. She said she was scared his gun was just going to go off by it's self and yet almost attacking, a guy, with a gun. :n00b:

Like people that say they're scared of heights buy if on ledge somewhere, they think they might walk right off.

Had a new guy at work that said he's scared of saw blades while I was showing the table saw. He said he kinda wants to touch the blade(while on) and that it was just calling him. He lasted one hour with us.

Humans are generally stupid!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Two thoughts. First, I got into guns as a result of firearms as well. My mom is "afraid" of guns, so there were never any in the house growing up. Now she wants at least one in the house. Second thought, my response to the daughter grabbing my gun comment would have been "ask my nephew how that turned out. He hasn't tried it more than once. Neither one of my nephews have."

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I got into guns at a VERY young age. Rural life will do that. Taught the basics etc. My 21st b-day present from my folks was my Rossi .38. They gave me the money and I filled out the forms and had to wait 7 days. Been into them all my life.

Not really open carried anywhere yet. Not really planning on it. I have gotten a lot more lax on my concealing part of CC. Shirt over most of it and I'm good. 95% of the population has no idea even if they saw a bulge or bump. The other 5 are on here.

Top Bottom