• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Suarez International just had a class down in southern IN. a couple weeks ago. They are a site supporter just check their schedule out they travel around quite a bit.
    Tactical Response in located in Camden, TN. They usually have a class in Bedford every year too. The Mindset discussion is worth the price of the 2 day class! The absolute best I have ever heard.

I have heard good things about ACT and they seem to be regarded pretty well but I have not ever attended one of their classes so I cannot offer any help there. I only recommend places that I have actual experience with.

There are a lot of local guys that say they will give you training and teach you all there is to know about shooting. Some may be able to, but I recommend going to a well established school with a good reputation.

As far as Appleseed goes you will learn a lot there as well not just about shooting a rifle long distances but about shooting anything. I have had guys who shoot a lot of pistol competition say their scores improved on the pistol range after attending an Appleseed.

It's all knowledge and you can never have enough of it, get it while you can they can never take it way from you.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We at ACT offer a variety of classes and the price is very good. I will have an instructional League shoot at the Atlanta Conservation Club on Saturday May 21. There are some classes coming up at MCFG. Private instruction is also and option and we are close to Indy. Email me if interested.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    If your goal is to learn better ways to defend yourself, I'm teaching two classes in Indy in mid May.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    im looking for trainging that will add stress, make me move and yet realistic. i have no training, NONE. i go to the range and put holes in a traget at around 25 yards but thats it. i dont even do compitition shooting, i know i should but im not sure how to get started. i welcome any and all advise.

ACT puts on excellent courses. They cover anything from basic pistol to defensive pistol. Also, they have a great beginning competition pistol. The League shoots are always a good time. I recommend their League course at ACC on 5/21/11. I would be there, but Ohio State Sectional is that day.

SV40SW45 I hear is an excellent class as well. All shooters I have know to take the class have shown improvement quickly. I'm checking into the timing, but I think I will be taking his class on 5/29 (Holiday weekends are always tricky. I'm already missing Mother's day for training :D)

Here is the link for competition shooting. This just about covers everything you need whether it be IDPA (Defensive Pistol) or USPSA (Practical Pistol)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ng_gear_basics_a_white_paper_for_newbies.html

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    I have had my gun on seven different people and not had to shoot any, and I probably should have shot at at least five justified, don't know how many confrontations these guys have been in but like I said I train for free, other than your cost of ammo and range fees. the other two were using vehicles as their deadly weapon and I can't justify shooting in traffic.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have had my gun on seven different people and not had to shoot any, and I probably should have shot at at least five justified, don't know how many confrontations these guys have been in but like I said I train for free, other than your cost of ammo and range fees. the other two were using vehicles as their deadly weapon and I can't justify shooting in traffic.

What does this mean?:dunno:

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    What it means is this I was in a situation where I had to draw my gun, I did not fire, I either retreated or they did. I feel that each time I was justified in shooting at them because they put themselves in that situation. Then I get attacked on here by someone else who wasn't even in this thread. Why do I have to explain to anybody, seems kinda obvious to me, was trying to be nice to a new shooter who wanted training, guess that is what I get.

gharris18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Shooting IDPA matches realy got me interested in defensive type shooting, enough to make me cough up the money and go take a Tactical Response fighting pistol class. I would highly recommend the fighting pistol class to anyone who intends to carry a pistol daily for self defense.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    im looking for trainging that will add stress, make me move and yet realistic. i have no training, NONE. i go to the range and put holes in a traget at around 25 yards but thats it. i dont even do compitition shooting, i know i should but im not sure how to get started. i welcome any and all advise.

We have an excellent series of classes coming that would be ideal for you. The first two will be at the Marion County Fish & Game range in Speedway, IN:

ACT BP100 "Basic Pistol" - 28MAY2011 - Speedway, IN - $65
    DETAILS: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/143004-acts_basic_pistol_100_a.html

ACT IP101 "Intermediate Pistol" - 28MAY2011 - Speedway, IN - $65
    DETAILS: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/143005-acts_ip_101_mcfg.html

ACT DP101 "Intro Defensive Pistol" TBAJUN2011 - TBA
    Details forthcoming

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What it means is this I was in a situation where I had to draw my gun, I did not fire, I either retreated or they did. I feel that each time I was justified in shooting at them because they put themselves in that situation. Then I get attacked on here by someone else who wasn't even in this thread. Why do I have to explain to anybody, seems kinda obvious to me, was trying to be nice to a new shooter who wanted training, guess that is what I get.

It was unclear to me and parts of it remain so. But ok.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I would guess what Coach is referring too, and frankly what baffles me as well, is that I don't see anyone attacking you for your offer. At least not in this thread. If it happened via PM, or in another thread, a little background to preface your response might have been beneficial.

Sorry for the thread drift, just a bit confused myself.

Tinman....

michaeltee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Doom Of Man
    We got a lot in common my friend. I am from Fishers, just got married last month, have not had any professional training but can shoot, and am looking for some training. What did you come up with? I am considering going to the ACC May 21st... if the wife says its ok.

Top Bottom