I need help.. I keep buying Beretta pistols..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My first mod to my 92 FS was Wilson ultra thin grips and they have the Wilson combat logo on them. Also a Wilson steel trigger.

I too wish the PX4 were metal framed, I would probably have several by now.

View attachment 254376
    Search out the Cougar 8000 series.. they are basically PX4s in metal....

Beretta_8000_D_Rude.jpg

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I can't help you, I have the same problem. My first gun was a full-size 92FS, and I now have an 81, a 92X Compact, and an A300 as well. I want to try a PX4, just haven't found the right deal yet. I've shot a mini-cougar, and while the rotating barrel concept is interesting, I didn't feel that it mitigated recoil all that much, probably because of the bulky slide and all that reciprocating mass.

The grip mods and improved trigger of the 92X have breathed new life into the platform for me, and I find myself carrying that compact on a pretty regular basis these days.

I watched the recent release of the 80X Cheetah at SHOT, and while I have no interest in a blowback .380, I can't help but think how awesome that gun would be if they'd re-design it to function off of a locked-breech and chambered it in 9mm. A metal-framed DA/SA carry gun in that form factor would be awesome.
    I seen what those px4 storms are bringing these days and its like wow. About 7 years ago, i picked 1 up at the Shipshewana gun show for $250. Looked like it was new in the case. Came with everything, 2 mages, lock an key..all paperwork. I couldn't pass it up. Got it for the gf since i had an sr1911. I also have an old 21a bobcat that was the girlfriends dads.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I had one similar to this one years ago. Sold it to my BIL because he wanted it and he didn't have a firearm at the time to protect his family.
    If I get a Beretta it will be one similar to this.
    View attachment 254506
    I think that is the limited edition Fusion they are offering now

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think that is the limited edition Fusion they are offering now

Yikes that's a 10k gun.
    I didn't pay anything near that for mine in I believe 1996 IIRC.
    It was a polished 92FS stainless steel.

Edit:

I found one that it was like. It's not as polished as I thought. Years playing tricks on me.

1676134595755.png

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yikes that's a 10k gun.
    I didn't pay anything near that for mine in I believe 1996 IIRC.
    It was a polished 92FS stainless steel.

Edit:

I found one that it was like. It's not as polished as I thought. Years playing tricks on me.

View attachment 254586
    Yep the INOX.. which is something over the years about anything they made was available in from time to time. Even the 80 series Cheetah pistols will pop up on the used market with that finish.

The Fusion is some fancy Nistan coating.

They have done super shiney ones before..the Beretta Billennium for example.

Bille-l-sx.gif

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I picked up this classic M9 the other day on sale. I put in a reduced power mainspring which much improved the DA.

YDBoheYl.jpg
    Maybe its my big hands, but I find myself using my big meathook thumb to cock the hammer on all my Berettas before I shoot, even the meaty 92FS I can accomplish this. Yeah I know, why shoot a DA/SA pistol as if it was a SA? I just can't stand DA trigger pull. Started doing it without realizing it. I dunno it works..

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Maybe its my big hands, but I find myself using my big meathook thumb to cock the hammer on all my Berettas before I shoot, even the meaty 92FS I can accomplish this. Yeah I know, why shoot a DA/SA pistol as if it was a SA? I just can't stand DA trigger pull. Started doing it without realizing it. I dunno it works..
    You'll probably like the new 92Xi then being SAO.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom