• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I bought a set of Wolverine Plainsman boots a few years ago and liked them so much I bought two more pairs to make sure I'd have them on hand for a while. Most comfortable boots I've owned.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Got a shoe truck that comes around? Lots of different options when they do so you an at least rule out immediately what you don't like.

I am on concrete all day every day and I wear Timberland Pro work boots.

I've been wearing Timerland Pros for 15 years and I find them comfortable no matter what I'm doing. My complaint is that the soles crack right at the ball of my foot long before the rest of the shoe is ready for replacement. If I'm in a super active job I'll get 9 months out of a pair before they crack out, then I get a wet foot when it rains. :(

Still haven't moved away from them though. They just fit me well. I do elect for low-tops with titanium toes though. I'm a size 15 so I try to keep the weight down.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Thorogoods with a wedge sole, most comfortable boots I've ever worn. Better than Wolverine, Red Wings, etc. IMO. I used to be 450lbs, arthritis in both feet and they kept my feet from hurting.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I walk on multiple surfaces daily, from dirt/mud, concrete, gravel, steel grating ect. I wear Danner boots, both lace-up and Wellington (pull-on). They're comfortable have the support I need.
    But if comfort is your goal, I'd suggest a pair of Keen boots. Well inside the $200 price tag. I wear these almost exclusively outside of my job and easily work as casual if need be. I found these when I had sore feet from diabetes and was wearing cheap footwear after work .
    I know what sore feet feel like, and wishing ya the best on fixing the problem.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I've tried a few different brands over the decades, but kept coming back to Red Wing boots. When I retired I got more life out of my Red Wings compared to the 40+ years of walking in a factory with steel chips on the floor however I am in need of a new pair. Was looking at their website last night. So many choices...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Depends on what the requirements like do you need steel toes or metatarsal guards. We only get to wear certain boots where I work that the company provides but the best ones I've had here so far are Carolina's and Michelin(who knew they made boots)

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I've been using the Duluth line of work boots the last couple of years and have been happy with the. I'm a husky boy and am on concrete mostly and rarely do my feet hurt at the end of the day. I go right to the store in Noblesville and get them when they have sales.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    There is a strip mall on Eastern Blvd in Clarksville that has a Red Wing store and a Timberland store (that is if Covid hasn't closed them down. Both stores have always had a good selection of work boots. I chose the Timberlands over the Redwings because they are the most comfortable and best fit for me. The price is secondary.
    The Red Wing store has moved over to Veterans Parkway in a strip mall out in front of the Walmart and looks like the other store, Hayes has closed.

Matthews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Dyer
    Thorogood for me too. Break in period was wearing them out to dinner a few times when I first bought them, applied a tuff toe kit, and good to go.. Went from foot and knee pain in an 8 hour shift with my wolverines to wearing this pair for 18 hours straight with minimal discomfort.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Currently on my 2nd set of Chippewa Loggers and I love them. Longevity about 3yrs.
    In a past life I wore Rocky Paratroopers for more than a decade.
    I don't miss the **** but Rocky makes nice kicks.

Those would be my recommendations.
    Don't forget your boot maintenance.
    Poor care will ruin good boots fast.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m currently wearing thorogoods but I have found that the wedge sole work boots of any kind are the absolute most comfortable. If your price sensitive one of my guys just bought the timberland ones for less than 150i think.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The Red Wing Exos Lite are a really nice multi-use boot...

I enjoy mine a great deal, but I don't have all that many miles on them yet.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Im on concrete, asphalt, roof, mud/dirt and everythung in between. Redwings are my choice. King toe, and an insert every now and then to keep your feet comfy.

BlackGun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Justins and Timberland Pro's a Boot Dryer and a good insole or custom orthotics works best for me. Cost of quality boots are huge get what you pay for.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I used to wear a Red Wings constantly until a friend at work introduced me to a pair of Keen work boots. I wore Keens from that point on. Very comfortable and light.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Bought a pair of Red wings in October. Soles comming apart in December. Didn't keep my receipt because I thought Red wings will last forever...
    Had to argue with the Manager for a few minutes but did get a exchange. And so far so good with this pair. Moral to the story. If you buy Red wings keep that receipt you may need it and technically they do require it. Also any Red wings at the $200 range are made in china..If I had it to do again I would probably go with Danners made in the USA. Found out after the fact Red wing now makes almost all there products in CHINA..Unless you pay about $400

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I will second Danner boots. My winter Danner boots are now 11 years old and have survived snowshoeing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling for years. They are probably the best boots I have ever owned for those activities.

Yes some Danner boots are in the high 300-400 dollar price range,but not all.

This would probably suit your purpose.$160, not re-craftable.

Removable OrthoLite Footbed Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support.
    The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
    EVA MidsoleKnown for its lightweight properties, EVA is a special polymer that provides excellent cushioning.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Granted I'm not typically on my feet all day every day, but I've been wearing caterpillar brand boots for several years, steel toe when required, hiking style when not. They are made by wolverine. They start out more flexible and comfortable than redwing, but can't comment on longevity comparison as it had been 20+ years since I've had a new redwing pair.
    No matter what brand, I agree that high quality boots are worth it.
    Rick

Top Bottom