• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Spend more and go pcp!This is 5 shots at 27 yards,resting over the corner of my truck bed,aiming at the lower mark beside the knife blade. The 5 are in the upper mark. You won't do this with a springer! Benjamin Marauder .25 View attachment 136265
    Watched some vids about Air rifle to educate myself.
    In one vid, 3 guys tested dozens, virtually "everything," from kid's $100 air guns to $900 adult air guns.
    At the end, they all chose their favorite, with 2 different Gamos & the Umarex GAUNTLET chosen.

In that same vid I also noticed the Air Arms TX200 underbarrel, b/c it was so ACCURATE, and with no tanks or pumps, but it did load only 1 round at a time.
    All 3 of the guys loved it, but not prefer it b/c of the laborious & only 1 round reloading of the underbarrel.

The AIR VENTURI AVENGER PCP rose to the top in another vid when it went side by side with the Umarex Gauntlet.
    They both shot the same at 50 yds, but the Air Venturi could be adjusted/tweaked more (which would not matter to me).

If I only used an air rifle rarely, then using a pump wouldn't be that big of a deal, it takes 160 pumps to go from 0 - 3000 psi) & half that if the psi isn't that low.
    If I became old :fogey:, I could always use my wife's Social Security to get an air tank. :lmfao:

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Spend more and go pcp!This is 5 shots at 27 yards,resting over the corner of my truck bed,aiming at the lower mark beside the knife blade. The 5 are in the upper mark. You won't do this with a springer! Benjamin Marauder .25 View attachment 136265
    That's good shootin'! Springers can be quite accurate, but you have to know how to hold them. It's best to not hold them too tight and let them recoil. PCPs on the other hand don't have that issue and are much more user friendly to shoot accurately.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ran across this in a review that put it head to head comparing:
    AIR VENTURI AVENGER vs UMAREX GAUNTLET 22cal.

Both good, with pros/cons for each.
    Both shot with the same accuracy.
    The Air Venturi having more options and presented as an updated Umarex Gauntlet (my words, not theirs).

freekforge

Master
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have hatsan break barrels for my wife and I and we both also have crosman 2400kt rifles. My 2400 is bad medicine for squirrels starlings and pigeons. The downside to the co2 guns is if it's cold they lose velocity. But rubber banding a hand warmer to the gas tube helps that. My benjamin trail shot great for a couple hundred rounds but then the accuracy went out the door.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have hatsan break barrels for my wife and I and we both also have crosman 2400kt rifles. My 2400 is bad medicine for squirrels starlings and pigeons. The downside to the co2 guns is if it's cold they lose velocity. But rubber banding a hand warmer to the gas tube helps that. My benjamin trail shot great for a couple hundred rounds but then the accuracy went out the door.
    In your experience or from feedback from others, is the underbarrel a better style of a break barrel?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Underlevers have a solid barrel that doesn't move and are are usually more accurate than a break barrel rifle.
    Makes sense.
    But I learned about them online I thought that the under barrel would have to be the more accurate.
    I thought they were both referred to as break barrels.

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Makes sense.
    But I learned about them online I thought that the under barrel would have to be the more accurate.
    I thought they were both referred to as break barrels.
    No they are both spring piston rifles. The break barrel uses the barrel to cock the massive spring, the undercover does the same, there are also side levers too (example: Diana 48).

Top Bottom