I need a favor. Please help my students. Won't cost you anything!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    GOT TO 500

Thanks to all who helped. And your pets who signed the petition too.

Had we enlisted help of the Democrats in the Chicago cemeteries we probably could have hit 50,000 :rolleyes:

North_carolina_fireworks.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So what is the process now?
    Are their proposed rule changes on hold I assume?

1. we continue to let the petition run to gain as many signatures as are possible, but 500 was the required minimum
    2. we submit the petition (and later will submit updates) to the rules committee asking for reconsideration of the "Russian Box Of Death" rule
    3. we work with clubs across the country to submit opposition to the "Russian Box Of Death" rule
    4. we work with clubs across the country to actively NOT PARTICIPATE in using the proposed "Russian Box Of Death" rule
    5. we wait for a ruling

What we know is that after the end of the Olympics we will see the "Russian Box Of Death" take effect in USFA events. It is scheduled to remain in the test period until the end of the year. It will then be reconsidered.

As of now we have organized opposition from the advisory committees for each of the following: Fencers, Coaches, Bout Directors

But basically we wait and see.

BEST CASE SCENARIO is that the rule gets thrown away BEFORE it is implement in the trial phase
    2nd BEST scenario (seems fairly likely at this point) is that the rule gets thrown away AFTER the trial period
    WORST scenario is that we are stuck with this rule because it conforms to international competition

Top Bottom