• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Very sorry to hear about your loss, it's never easy to lose a trusted friend and companion. My sincere condolences.
    -Bret-

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I’m very sorry for your loss and can’t help but get teary eyed reading other’s posts on here and knowing this past Christmas is more than likely the last for my dog as I’m almost sure this is his final year with me. I’m fascinated by what is an almost mythical bond between man and his best friend. Even Homer wrote how Odyssesus’ dog waited over 20 years for his master to return before passing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argos_(dog)

When you consider when this story was written, it is truly amazing how far back our relationship with our canine friends goes. They become more than our pets, they are our companions, best friends, a part of our families.

My condolences.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Here is a post from dburkhead that pretty much ties it up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dburkhead
    "If there ain't no dogs in heaven, it ain't heaven." Dennis the Menace.

Funny? No. But that piece, my friends, always makes me cry.

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.
    When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water, and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who have been maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
    But there is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
    Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

Sorry.

And that piece still makes me cry.

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
    ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull

Dog Quotes, Sayings about Dogs and Puppies
    [/FONT]

Top Bottom