• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Congrats. My wife and I are considering attending an appleseed event. Is it fun?
    I am trying to talk my wife into going too... talked to a guy @ the 1500,
    he said women shoot for free, and guys, only pay $70.00, for the 2 days, and you need 500 rounds, apiece, sounds like 10/22 heaven.....

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Congratulations Rifleman! By the way he didn't just squeak by he blasted through with a 220!
    Jclark did an excellent job on the line yesterday following the instruction very well which. he only slipped back into the old ways a few times. One time I asked him what happened and he just said it pissed me off, he had about a 12 moa group. But the very next group he did great again.
    His wife was so close as well and I look forward to handing her a Rifleman patch in the near future.
    008-2.jpg

005.jpg

Eddie

Master
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I am trying to talk my wife into going too... talked to a guy @ the 1500,
    he said women shoot for free, and guys, only pay $70.00, for the 2 days, and you need 500 rounds, apiece, sounds like 10/22 heaven.....

I bought some targets and a jacket from Fred's and they came with a voucher for a free shoot.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Congratulations again! It was great meeting you and the lady, enjoyed working with both of you.

Red Brush is a great range/club and I always enjoy an Appleseed there.

Hawkhavn

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    what can you use rifle wise at one of these. I'd love to use my 17hmr, but are bolt guns allowed? And what about sights? i have no irons on it

I shot my first verified Rifleman score with a scoped Savage Mk II bolt gun. Bring it. We'll teach you to use it as a Rifleman does, giving him the ability to control anything within 500 yds... a Rifleman's Quarter Mile.

Blessings,
    Bill

mk2ja

Master
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    what can you use rifle wise at one of these. I'd love to use my 17hmr, but are bolt guns allowed? And what about sights? i have no irons on it

According to the Appleseed FAQ's [click here to view them], any caliber, and either semi-auto or bolt action, are all welcome.

I'm actually reading through the website myself now because I'm interested in doing it, and when I saw that answer on there, I remembered you'd just asked it back over here. :)

mk2ja

Master
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I shot my first verified Rifleman score with a scoped Savage Mk II bolt gun. Bring it. We'll teach you to use it as a Rifleman does, giving him the ability to control anything within 500 yds... a Rifleman's Quarter Mile.

Blessings,
    Bill

500 yards = 0.284090909 miles

Not arguing. I just wondered what that equated to and figured somebody else prolly wondered, too.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    WELL DONE!

Very good job and with Mudcat as your instructor I know you got the best.

I am looking forward to seeing each of you on the trail this spring at one shoot or another.

Bring the AR's, bring the .22's, bring the .17's and sure, bring the .45! (That thing will be a riot). And if you cannot pick one, bring both (which is advised anyways).

Come and have some fun and do some learning on the line, and chatting around the campfire.

Will meet you before long,
    Techres

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash

Blessings,
    Bill

And you were talkin' about me cheating using the 'scoped Mk II BTVS!!! Bill, Bill, Bill... LOL

Good rifles, fast actions.

Josh

Top Bottom