• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Please explain why I should be asked or consent to show my ID or LTCH for carrying a rifle when neither are required. :dunno:

And where would you be carrying your rifle? Is a game warden going to check your ID when your hunting because you have a rifle? Or are you upset a LEO checked you out while walking around a parking lot sporting an 30/30? How can anyone complain about being checked out for OC or walking around with a rifle in todays society? Yes, you are most likely on the up and up, but not everyone is so how can you tell without asking.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    I can understand LE maybe checking on licenses here and there but some of the citizens need to not be so paranoid about another citizen carrying a holstered firearm. I think "some" people don't cut any slack when it comes to owners rights. They're empty and looking for that hot story that helps fulfill their day regardless of others rights.

I agree. However, with the "non goverment controlled" media slandering gun owners and making sure to only report on the negative and almost never the good, well, the sheep will be scared of anyone with a gun. Although wrong, it is up to us to turn the tide and show the sheep that not all of us are threats.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    And where would you be carrying your rifle? Is a game warden going to check your ID when your hunting because you have a rifle? Or are you upset a LEO checked you out while walking around a parking lot sporting an 30/30? How can anyone complain about being checked out for OC or walking around with a rifle in todays society? Yes, you are most likely on the up and up, but not everyone is so how can you tell without asking.

You should just answer my question.

Suggesting that we waive our rights simply to make "society" feel warm and fuzzy is a non-starter.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    You should just answer my question.

Suggesting that we waive our rights simply to make "society" feel warm and fuzzy is a non-starter.

Your question is not one that has a single answer. If your standing in a mall parking lot holding a rifle at the ready, then damn skippy you should be checked out. But if your standing in a GS parking lot with a rifle at rest, then no, handle your business brother.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Your question is not one that has a single answer. If your standing in a mall parking lot holding a rifle at the ready, then damn skippy you should be checked out. But if your standing in a GS parking lot with a rifle at rest, then no, handle your business brother.

You're giving very specific situations. Where's the gray area for you?

I believe you're the one that mentioned the "rifle by the exit of movie theatre" example earlier... which is silly, as it was something that actually happened.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

OK, but since neither of those requires LTCH or ID, is there something else you want "checked out"?

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012

And what about our fellow americans right to feel safe? Is showing your ID and answering a question really that offensive to you to make sure that the rare nut with a gun doesnt go unchecked? Everyone has rights, you, me, my neighbors great uncle cleetus...Whos rights are more important? I will gladly reassure a LEO and the sheep that I am a good guy with a gun, then stand there and confront them like a douche because how dare they ask.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And what about our fellow americans right to feel safe? Is showing your ID and answering a question really that offensive to you to make sure that the rare nut with a gun doesnt go unchecked? Everyone has rights, you, me, my neighbors great uncle cleetus...Whos rights are more important? I will gladly reassure a LEO and the sheep that I am a good guy with a gun, then stand there and confront them like a douche because how dare they ask.

This isn't a right. If people are scared ****less, that's their own problem.

The "right to feel safe" is a made-up right by Liberals on the part of gun control arguments.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    You're giving very specific situations. Where's the gray area for you?

I believe you're the one that mentioned the "rifle by the exit of movie theatre" example earlier... which is silly, as it was something that actually happened.

Actually it wasnt.

And his question was nothing but "gray area". I was simply trying to state that there is no one answer, that the proper response is based off the situation.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    This isn't a right. If people are scared ****less, that's their own problem.

The "right to feel safe" is a made-up right by Liberals on the part of gun control arguments.

Thank you for showing that your rights are greater than everyone elses. Ill remind you of this when someone you love is standing in front of some thugs gun. Oh wait, you wont mind becuase its wrong for a LEO to stop him and see if he is legally carrying said gun.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for showing that your rights are greater than everyone elses. Ill remind you of this when someone you love is standing in front of some thugs gun. Oh wait, you wont mind becuase its wrong for a LEO to stop him and see if he is legally carrying said gun.

Strawman.

You spouted off a fake right, about "feeling safe". I stated it was not a right.

So suddenly, I don't care about everyone else.

You've proven your mind can't be changed, so go to the OC/CC debate thread and go nuts.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    OK, but since neither of those requires LTCH or ID, is there something else you want "checked out"?

Is this what you would say to the officer who just walked by the gun in the mall parking lot holding a rifle who 5 minutes later shot your loved one?

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Strawman.

You spouted off a fake right, about "feeling safe". I stated it was not a right.

So suddenly, I don't care about everyone else.

You've proven your mind can't be changed, so go to the OC/CC debate thread and go nuts.

Because this isnt a OC/CC debate.

You dont feel like being safe is a right? Why? Because its not plainly written in the laws somewhere? This in itself is a whole conversation.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Is this what you would say to the officer who just walked by the gun in the mall parking lot holding a rifle who 5 minutes later shot your loved one?

No, I wouldn't say anything to that officer, this was a direct question to you.

What "check out" is it that you want to take place?

I know you're willing to waive your rights, but what do you suggest happen to folks who choose not to?

fw501

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Some people need to have the "appearance" of looking like an off duty cop and others may feel the need to "compensate" for something alittle smaller.:laugh:

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    No, I wouldn't say anything to that officer, this was a direct question to you.

What "check out" is it that you want to take place?

I know you're willing to waive your rights, but what do you suggest happen to folks who choose not to?

I don't feel like talking to an officer is "waiving" my rights. If you are sporting a rifle and a LEO asks to see your ID or simply asks you why you are walking around with a rifle, whats the harm in answering? If he trys to take it farther, then the officer isnt doing his job properly. I have been in this position before. The officer walked up and greeted me, then asked why I was out here with that rifle. I answered. After that we talked for a good half hour about guns and general stuff. Hell didnt come to earth, the universe stayed the same, life went on. I guess its up to the person on how defensive they chose to be as a gun owner. Whether or not you chose to be open or defensive is yours to make. But you will not likely see me flaming LEOs because they simply wanted to make sure that I wasnt going to be the next nut job on the 6 O'clock news.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I don't feel like talking to an officer is "waiving" my rights. If you are sporting a rifle and a LEO asks to see your ID or simply asks you why you are walking around with a rifle, whats the harm in answering? If he trys to take it farther, then the officer isnt doing his job properly. I have been in this position before. The officer walked up and greeted me, then asked why I was out here with that rifle. I answered. After that we talked for a good half hour about guns and general stuff. Hell didnt come to earth, the universe stayed the same, life went on. I guess its up to the person on how defensive they chose to be as a gun owner. Whether or not you chose to be open or defensive is yours to make. But you will not likely see me flaming LEOs because they simply wanted to make sure that I wasnt going to be the next nut job on the 6 O'clock news.

Let's try substitution.
    Someone calls the police to report a black man, and they don't feel safe.
    The man is just going about his business, no threatening or intimidating going on. In fact, he is a law abiding man...... who just happens to have more pigmentation.
    Then, every few days, someone else calls.
    Each time, they ask for ID and question him. They use the line, "In this day and age, people are just being careful. They have a right to feel safe."

Would the above example be okay?

Top Bottom