• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I need to put new line on my poles. Clean out the tackle box and add new stuff. Put me a new Mora knife in it.:D
    No boat so bank fishing for me. Was looking for a good spot for bank fishing. I go through this every year asking the same question. :(
    Still have not found a good spot. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Maybe we could even get a small fishing outing planned if we could find a bank spot big enough. Maybe close to Greenfield would be nice but not necessary.
    I am ready. Let's GO Fishing guys. :rockwoot:

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I'm heading out tomorrow, after doing my morning job hunt ritual....might have to cut it short this time too....smiles.

Steve L

Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    Go to Google Map and check access to major water ways (larger streams and waterways) and get in close so that you can follow roadways and paths. Look at areas that feed into larger tributeries and fish those areas etc. Some great smallmouth bass can be caught in these locations often away from others.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I hear you loud and clear, I am so ready to fish... Living in the city puts a huge damper on my fishing desires though. What are your favorite fish to catch and whats your bait of choice ? I always have the best luck with earthworms... They never seem to fail me whether it be Bass or Gills, they always eat worms. I would love to see some pictures of your future catches !!!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yep nightcrawlers are good. Red worms are good too.

Don;t laugh guys but I fish on the bottom. I fish for mostly Carp or even Cat. I do make up my own dough bait or boilies or pack bait.
    Those carp sure can put up a good fight and they are fun to catch.
    It has been while since I have fished for Bass. A boat is better for that. Not always but it is better for Bass fishing.
    Wanted to go today for my birthday but had noone to go with me.:(
    Too much stuff to get ready for the Indy 1500 this weekend. I still have lots of good days and weather ahead of me. :D

Let's GO Fishing:rockwoot:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have always wanted to try carp fishing. Dont know much about it other than the one i snagged (accidently) put on a fight like no other fish its size ever has.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Now *I* want to go fishing!

Weather permitting this weekend, maybe I'll take my little girl to the pond for her first time. Even if we just drown some worms, the daddy/daughter time will be fun.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County

Weather permitting this weekend, maybe I'll take my little girl to the pond for her first time. Even if we just drown some worms, the daddy/daughter time will be fun.

There's nothing better than time with the young ones. I have fished a few times this year but this weekend looks good for taking out the grandson for a fishing, rock throwing, line tangling, chocolate milk drinking, cookie eating good time.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I got out yesterday afternoon after digging up some garden worms and 3 hours later I filleted 12 nice gills and 1 crappie. I never could find a school, they were all scattered around the pond I fished. Some were in deep water and some were up on the bank.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA

that sounds great and building lifetime memories as well. I grew up with 5 brothers and no sisters. I had to hang out with my brothers and fishing was something I could with them and fit in. I had a blast . Such great memories and I still fish with some of them to this day. Just not as often as I would like.
    Hope you have a good time and take a small snack she will like that too.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I need to put new line on my poles. Clean out the tackle box and add new stuff. Put me a new Mora knife in it.:D
    No boat so bank fishing for me. Was looking for a good spot for bank fishing. I go through this every year asking the same question. :(
    Still have not found a good spot. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Maybe we could even get a small fishing outing planned if we could find a bank spot big enough. Maybe close to Greenfield would be nice but not necessary.
    I am ready. Let's GO Fishing guys. :rockwoot:
    The bay in Racine, WI has excellent bank fishing, but only if you enjoy catching large Salmon, Trout or Pike. We could easily fit 1 to 2000 people.

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Gotta wait a bit to get our licenses this year. Also, I have a couple of my Grandfather's OLD poles, and one of the reels is screwed up. Anybody in the Columbus area that might be able to help me figure out the problem? I don't know much of anything about them.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Caught today :)
    My first fish of the year
    Biggest smallmouth I've caught to date. I'd say it was 14" 2lbs Picture is at an odd angle
    smallmouth.jpg

odie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I am ready myself, I love to catch big cats that is my favorite. I normally use big shinners and fish deep holes in blue river at or near atterbury and have good luck in the spring and early fall. so it wont be long.

Top Bottom