• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    WTHR just ran a story on firearms training, women and firearms, and the responsibilities of carry. It featured the FATS used by LEOs (IMPD) for training scenarios. +1 to the officers taking the time to explain the decisions and reactions. They also went to BGF and had live fire training (and stood next to the INGO wall for parts of it).

The piece wasn't a hit piece, and even the anchor Angela felt that she came away with a better understanding, and perhaps even an interest in firearms, training, and carry.

I think I'm going to write her a note congratulating her.

Hearts and minds, one (three ladies in the piece) at a time.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Nice! I'm glad that a story went into this much detail instead of just one or two lines. They actually provided a "hands on" experience in thier approach. Hopefully this will lead to more people seeking some sort of training.

Also, it seems that BGF is becoming the go to shop/range for story backdrops instead of Don's.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Very Good report and aside from the non biased presentation some other things I took away:

LT True has always been a great guy at ECPR in his interaction with classes and RO's, awesome to see him working with the ladies.

I think I recognize that big bear of an RO at BGF, another one of INGO's own, who can identify himself if he wishes :)

Finally the knife scenario had me screaming "TUELLER DRILL" and did a great job illustrating why this drill exists! And the simulated bad guy was WALKING not running.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    It's refreshing to see an unbiased report for a change. Seeing Andrea behind an AR15 and then a smile on her face afterwards made me smile too.

Who knows, maybe she'll join INGO. After all we do have a reporter from WISH as a member.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I've done some FATS training before, but it's been 16 years. I'd love to do it now with the updated tech. Last time, one scenario was a "perp" who came racing up in a car, hopped out with a shotgun, and attempted to shoot the roadblock while squatting. I shot him squarely in the nards, as evidenced by the white "hit" dot. It wasn't a kill shot, but the guy would have gone down.

Top Bottom