• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    We used to rent a villa every year in either St. Thomas or Tortola, with the latter being our most favorite. It is so beautiful there, we just love the beautiful color of the water and the sloooooow island time. While we never skippered our own boat, we would charter a boat for the day. One year, we were on a beautiful sailboat that had beautiful woodwork everywhere, and the main dining table had a cool sailing map under either plexiglass or lacquer. We haven't been back to the islands since 2013, and we were heartbroken at the devastation Hurricane Irma caused. I've been following the progress of Tortola tho and the businesses are slowly coming back. We're going on a cruise in the beginning of March for my birthday and we'll be at both St. Thomas and Tortola. We are so stoked! Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread about my love for the islands!! Please let us know how you did and include more pics!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This isn’t even a toilet anyway, it’s too small for that :):

anyway, passed all the tests. My wife and I are now bareboat certified. Woot!

here’s a few pics from last night’s study/testing session anchored in White’s Bay, Jost Van Dyke

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Head a bit south, and say hello to my sister and her husband. They vacationed in the VI a few times, and then decided to just stay. :)

Have fun, Skipper!
    latest

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    This isn’t even a toilet anyway, it’s too small for that :):

anyway, passed all the tests. My wife and I are now bareboat certified. Woot!

here’s a few pics from last night’s study/testing session anchored in White’s Bay, Jost Van Dyke

I’ve spent quite a bit of time down there. Super jealous. Jost is our favorite. Head over to Coral Bay on St John and eat a cheeseburger @Skinny Legs for me.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    We are down in the Virgin Islands learning to sail. ASA sailing school ASA 101/103/104/114.

the boat is decent, definitely a used prior charter boat. This is so much fun. Bathrooms/beds are tight though. I stepped onto an open bathroom hatch and broke the privacy screen. Oops. Yes. My leg still hurts :):

we are staying tonight at The Bight in Norman’s Island tonight. Huge tarpon below the boat last night. They just hang out and chill looking very menacing. Be back Sunday! :cool:

Next lesson..... Its it's called 'the head'. Not 'the bathroom'. :-)

lots lots of sailing blood in my veins. My biggest cringe is when lubbers call'em "ropes". They are lines. Not ropes. :facepalm:

Now..lets talk about vangs.....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom