• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dweezil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Fishers
    So how comfortable would you be leaving a handgun in an unlocked car IF the weapon was hidden from sight AND secured with a small safe like a nano vault/steel cable?

I've not actually done the above(truly is hypothetical). But the reason it crosses my mind...I have an old crappy vehicle that is my preferred mode to work. Nice thing about it is I don't mind if it gets scratched/dinged up, bad thing - a door lock is broke.

Curious if anyone had insights on legality/liability of that scenario.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, my Jeep is unlocked all summer. Essentially. The top and doors are actually off. I may or may not have a safe, that may or may not contain a handgun on occasion.

Hypothetically.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Most of my vehicles have been beaters. I spend the money on making it run good and the inside. I will admit to having a hidden safe in the pass. I also have had a way to disable my vehicle with a hidden switch if someone tried to steal it. Not that most would because of the way it looked.

I always felt safe in leaving it unlocked at times. Then again I spend most my time in small town type areas the last ten years or so. Before that was not bad as today for people breaking into cars. At least not in the areas I lived in.

Top Bottom